Staying off the drink (2 Viewers)

I think it's one of those things you use to compare other things to:

"better chance of getting laid in Ireland without going to the pub than you have of that working"

I've HUGELY cut down on drinking. Not totally dry but drastically cut the regularly with which I drink. Probably because, for once, I have other things to be doing, but I've found it really easy. I don't find myself craving a drink and not having to deal with hangovers is a novelty that just keeps giving.

I wouldn't go only it was an area that needed improvement in my last review - getting involved with others and activities in the department.

I missed this when it was posted. Can they do that? Dock you in your review for shit that happens outside work hours? Seems a bit shit to me. If my boss said that to me I'd tell him to go fuck himself. In the office, during office hours I'd be one of the more sociable people. Outside office hours is my own time and I'm fucked if I'm gonna spend it with workmates.

I missed this when it was posted. Can they do that? Dock you in your review for shit that happens outside work hours? Seems a bit shit to me. If my boss said that to me I'd tell him to go fuck himself. In the office, during office hours I'd be one of the more sociable people. Outside office hours is my own time and I'm fucked if I'm gonna spend it with workmates.

Well, I never got docked. I think I just hang out at the water cooler less. And I blow off these company events for the most part.
He wants me to be happy here. More than that, to look it.
Like they brought in a photographer for a handful of us whose company photos "Didn't look happy enough to be working here"
No shit.
I countered by getting involved with two volunteering roles that the company supports and I love. So it all worked out.
So I still go to the odd thing. These corporate box deals are better than something like the Christmas party which I 100% blew off.

I'd rather quit than be forced to interact with people at work

I'd be lost without my headphones

My dream is to spend all my time alone, drawing pictures for people I'll never meet

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back