Springsteen v Kathy French Hot Press (1 Viewer)

Do yas not think he's just playing it up again? Sounds like more of the same populist journalism from him imho.

That's the problem with the old Myers.
Just when you are starting to rest assured that he is a nasty bigoted reactionary old tosser, he writes something quite intelligent and touching.

oh! is this the teaser for the new series of thumped st detectives or whatever it was called? i suggest that brendan o'connor and barry egan be convicted (falsely - they wouldnt know how) for KF's murder only to then murder themselves in jail in a row over toilet smells

Not to turn the thread, but if anyone wants to know how Lefty Frizzel and Osama Van Halen would run as detectives in the Crimes against Hard Rock Division, they need only watch the first half hour of American Gangster. It's Crowe and his partner.

So yeah, cocaine. Terridible Althogether.

More Myers Mention of Misogynous misery again today in his indo ed.

I'm not a fan, but i agree with the others who say that his articles are at the very least making some sense, compared to the frenzied lunacy that his staff have been basking in.

That said though, the tone of his article is in direct contrast to the tone of the rest of d'indo. Which makes for a very unstable and loose looking ship. If he stays, which he should, then a more detailed analysis of the standards and direction of the Indo over the past 5 years would really help him and the paper out of the myer that they're in.

A-haha.

When Myers moved to the Indo, there was a letter to the Times that said his move greatly improved the average writing standard of both papers. I thought that was pretty clever with a touch of truth in it.

There was a letter in the Times today commending John Waters for his tenderness or something like that.
I noticed. John Waters' article was probably the worst piece of journalism I've ever read (saying something considering the bilge the Indo have printed on the topic).

Ironically, the Times seem to have published the worst piece about the subject and the Indo the best.

And what does Kevin Myers do for a living he works for one of the newspaper who had Katy French on pages 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and in the sports supplement.

If you read the article, you will find that he actually makes a pointed reference to that. It's a common sense piece whatever its origin. I like the dig at Bertie at the end. It's appropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back