snow (1 Viewer)

just walked home from town,traffic at a standstill from ranelagh/milltown right back to wexford street,i wouldnt think they moved more than 20 yards the whole time i was walking.suckers.
im loving the snow but i do hope it clears for the sunrise/eclipse tomorrow.

Took me ages to get home from town but the auld 41c trundled on. Snow was still falling for most of the route but had stopped by the time I got to Swords. River Valley and Borimhe denizens were s out of l though.

I gave up on the car and have moved to mountain bike with less pressure in the tires, works a treat.

took me about 1 hour 20 mins to cycle the 10 miles home from work. I didn't brake once from town to home, I was going that slow. Poxy back brake seized again on me and there was no way I was pullin the front one.

I normally think people in cars are saps but I felt sorry for them there tonight. My commute took me 30 mins longer than usual. I'd say some poor fuckers that left work the same time as me still aren't home.

Cleared all the snow out of my driveway when I got home. Just looked out there now and about another 3 inches have come down. Looks to be at least 8-9 inches in total since this shit started this evening.

yous seem to get worse snowfalls in the east than we do - we had one day and half of snowfall in this weather front and since then weve just been wandering about in the cold trying not to fall over, dublin seems to get flaked... converseley, most of donegal falls under the 'grit every two days, or dont bother, or crash the gritter truck' category which can lead to hassle of the highest order.

Getting snowed into work is looking like a very real possibility right now. Hour and a half to get home yesterday, nearly an hour to get into work this morning. It usually takes 20-25 minutes. I'm just not in the mood for this. Nearly got taken out of it by idiots who don't know how to walk in snow several times yesterday. Last thing I need is someone falling on me and hurting the baby (or me).

i heard somewhere that there was a cold spell lasting a couple of decades around the 1940s/1950s with colder than usual winters. with all those shite summers and now two cold winters in a row maybe we are heading into another such period.

i heard somewhere that there was a cold spell lasting a couple of deca-millennia around the 29/30000BP with colder than usual winters. with all those shite summers and now two cold winters in a row maybe we are heading into another such period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back