snow (3 Viewers)

Well now. Did you fall going up or down the stairs? I mean, you have to look at a few things here. First off, it's funny as you survived the ice. But I need to know more. Were you carrying things? Was it a dramatic fall, or was it more... plonk! Straight on the ground.

Also, this is true.

nah, I just made the whole thing up. I didn't trip on the stairs at all. Just testing the theory, thats all.

Serious black ice on the Lower Kimmage on the way home this evening bout seven, could feel it getting slippy under the wheels but kept going and pretending to myself it was grand. Got to the lights and put my foot down and yas as suspected slippery as fuck. Can't wait for this shit to go away so I can put some air in my tyres again and stop worrying about breaking myself on the ice.

Yeah, I'm glad I don't have to worry about the horror that must be driving on ice. Is it still snowy in Ireland?

I snotted meself this morning. Lumps out of my elbow, knee and hip. The one on the hip now means I'm in perfect symmetry cos its on my right side and matches the one I got on my left side last year.

There was a treacherous spot at the lights at Our Lady's school in Terenure coming from templeogue village side. My back brake seized up on my a couple of miles previously so I was only left with the front (which I did soften before venturing out into the ice on monday). Anyhow, was plodding along, the light turned red, I braked, then hello Mr.Black Ice!

When I got up I could barely even get a footing on it it was so poxy slippy. I might go sit there later with a cam and make a youtube video of all the cyclists that go by there for the day, cos they're ALL gonna fall.

Poor scutter :(

My bike was whining like a wounded dog today, problem with the brakes. It even refused to change gears it was so cold.

thanks guyze. Actually not in much pain at all. Just cuts and bruises (that are no more, thankfully, than a dull ache). I think all the layers of clothing I had on me guaranteed a softer landing than otherwise might have been.

I is John - I've been thinking about my malfunctioning brakes. I reckon the cable housing just froze solid. I reckon the same might have happened with your trusty steed. It all might start working again if we heat them babies up.

RANT

people who drive around with loads of snow on their cars are not only cunts, but morons too

I presume the logic going around their half-empty heads is that the snow will remove itself while in transit, hence, problem solved.

But think you fucking morons - where does the snow (compacted ice) go? Onto the fucking road where people on bikes have to go. And they're going to fall when they hit your stupidity

you absolute cunts

END RANT

SORRY.

the shit is stuck to my car - i've been hacking at it with the window scraper to limited effect. i think part of what happens is that the car gets warm as you drive a bit (and you always have the heat up as high as possible) the car ceiling and bonnet starts heating and it comes loose, but only after about 5-6 minutes driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back