snow (1 Viewer)

People on bikes deserve to fall on the ice.

RANT

people who drive around with loads of snow on their cars are not only cunts, but morons too

I presume the logic going around their half-empty heads is that the snow will remove itself while in transit, hence, problem solved.

But think you fucking morons - where does the snow (compacted ice) go? Onto the fucking road where people on bikes have to go. And they're going to fall when they hit your stupidity

you absolute cunts

END RANT

Yeah, that was nonsensical.

The friggin' paths are lethal. My usual 2 minute walk from the bus stop to the house this evening, took over 15minutes.

Also, town is mental. Lots of the culchies who came up yesterday to do their shoppin' seem to have stayed for another day.

I stayed at home all day. Go me!
Sure it's meant to be thawing out over the next few days. Be gone by Sunday probably. For how long, is anyone's guess....

How do I write blogs?

thanks guyze. Actually not in much pain at all. Just cuts and bruises (that are no more, thankfully, than a dull ache). I think all the layers of clothing I had on me guaranteed a softer landing than otherwise might have been.

I is John - I've been thinking about my malfunctioning brakes. I reckon the cable housing just froze solid. I reckon the same might have happened with your trusty steed. It all might start working again if we heat them babies up.

We reckon it's salt and or grit getting into the cable housing. Gonna try lubricating the brake cable and hopefully that will sort it. If it's frozen I'd imagine that'll help too.

This wet ice around is probably the slippiest shit I've seen so far, barely even attempting to cycle on it.

could be that. I'm no expert on disc brakes, but it moreso seemed to me that the calipers at the back weren't releasing and that, in my case anyways, it was the calipers moreso than the cable. Its working again grand since the thaw and these lovely warm conditions.

But now the snow is nearly gone the wind is back, and thats a pain in the hole.

Incidentally, this was posted on boards (the lad who posted it is the only lad over there worth taking note of what he says - he called the last snowy spell a long ways out)

[QUOTE="A GUY ON BOARDS.IE WEATHER FORUM]
...the potential in this situation for a massive arctic outbreak with a cyclonic disturbance embedded. I would take that as the main theme and given the energy peak at 20-21 Dec, a plausible outcome would be for cold to sweep south, create a vast pool of sub-freezing air mass, then create a storm at the maritime boundary somewhere west of France that would try to move east along the southern boundary of the cold air mass at that time. Could spell snowstorm or even blizzard potential for the UK and Ireland around that time frame, and as for any push back of mild air afterwards, that's likely down to the GFS tendency to try to return to zonal default. The signal is so persistent and so strong (and so well-timed with the retrograde index peak on 20 Dec from my research) that I have to say, word to the wise, there could be a very disruptive period ahead from about Thursday 16th on, use these mild and open days while you have them especially if you're in a location or situation that is prone to travel disruptions.

[/QUOTE]

The ice today is lethal.
I thought the car windows would be frozen so I filled a bucket to throw on it.
Fell on my ass in the middle of the carpark, that and my knee. And to make it better, the whole feckin bucket of water landed on me.
Instead of helping, my girlfriend just pointed and laughed for 5 mins as I stumbled around like bambi.
Fuck this shit.

The ice today is lethal.
I thought the car windows would be frozen so I filled a bucket to throw on it.
Fell on my ass in the middle of the carpark, that and my knee. And to make it better, the whole feckin bucket of water landed on me.
Instead of helping, my girlfriend just pointed and laughed for 5 mins as I stumbled around like bambi.
Fuck this shit.

ha ha

(sorry, shouldn't laugh!)

I just got done clearing half of Fitzwilliam street including the icy cross walks of 4 inches of compacted ice. Who else is gonna do it? No one, that's the answer. Got kudos from loads of passers-by, which is always nice. Think I got a straigh non-icy shot all the way to Toners now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back