and it's really hard to not smoke in pubs

but now with this new smoking ban this difficult thing will be no more, yay

what do you shower think of this ban?

Shnake said:
I gave up smoking over a year ago

Well, "Shnake", if that is your real name, I think you know what you are getting when you go to a pub. People smoke there and you just live with it. I am a non-smoker and am not fond of smoke but I wouldn't stop someone from smoking in a pub. As for working there (which is what the ban is about, isn't it?), I think if you take a job as a barman, you probably know beforehand that it is a smoky environment.

I don't smoke, so I don't care. But if people are going outside to have a fag, it'll make life way more confusing for the ballroom :(. " I was already in boss, honest I was").

ban = good.

especihecialallly in those little wiinchy pubses with bad ventilations and low roooooves.
anytime I wake up with an overhang I putt miye smelly cigarrette jacket and feeling vomitteyy

Shnake said:
I gave up smoking over a year ago

What's going to be really great is that Dublin is going to turn into one big glassfight. Small footpaths clogged with drunk bastards who won't let you get by without -- at the very least -- some rude comments, if not projectiles thrown at heads, etc. Unless pubs are all going to get obnoxious bouncers to control it, they won't be able to keep people from bringing their drinks outside, so it'll mean glass-throwing, more rubbish, more stink, etc.

That is going to fucking rule. I can't wait for Dublin to be drunker and smellier.

If the government really gave that much of a shit about our health, we'd have a decent hospital or two. Perhaps.

Should have put in an owner-operator exemption like they have done in some places in the US. That would have protected the rural pub owners.

Its a law designed by Americans for Americans who want to live to infinity. It won't work on the Irish, we don't want infinity, we want a good time. I predict widespread hassles, fights, "you're not aloud back in" Bouncerisms. Should be entertaining and healthy.

FancyGoods said:
ban = good.

especihecialallly in those little wiinchy pubses with bad ventilations and low roooooves.
anytime I wake up with an overhang I putt miye smelly cigarrette jacket and feeling vomitteyy

The REAL problem was that most Irish pubs refuse to pay for ANY Air conditioning at all. They're cheap greedy bastards. So if attendances go down coz of the law, they've only themselves to blame. Pub cunts!

I like the ban. I hate the fact that I can't stop smoking. :(
If the government cared that much about us they'd just ban smokes altogether. But wait, then they wouldn't get that nice revenue.

"tax on Cigarettes treats my cancer"

I think anything that might stop people from smoking is a good thing. I don't smoke, i gave up when i was pretty young(i'm still pretty young). I just think that folks need to stop kidding themselves, it's a drug, just like alcohol, albeit a socially acceptable drug. Anything that makes it less acceptable is a good thing in my book. I don't mind people smoking around me, when i go into pubs i expect people to be smoking, and if i had a major problem with it i just wouldn't go into pubs. I'd disagree with it being banned, but that's purely because i think you'd have to ban everything that's bad for you(and isn't most stuff bad for you nowadays). I enjoy drinking from time to time, but i never try to convince myself that alcohol is in any way beneficial for me, neither is any of the other crap people put into their bodies.
I'd just prefer to see smoking and non-smoking pubs to put those "but i have a right to sit in a pub and not get lung cancer" people at ease.

about the nanny state thing, well we're a nation of babies so why not

and "wilbert", sure you never go to the pub anyway

getting you inside a pub is like pushing a shite back up an arse

I think in the long run it's a good idea, but whether it'll work or not is another thing.

Guys, we have nothing to worry about from smoking. Listen to www.irishwizards.com:

These things are the real culprit, according to the 'Museum of Energetic Mistakes':

Microwave Cookers
These destroyers of food's essential health value get cheaper every year. It is cooking by irridation and it destroys the flavour and removes the possibility of the enjoyment of the food. One friend has spoken of an awareness (obtained while meditating) of a energy demon on the other side of the food destroyer (microwave) who lives exclusively on the energy value that is removed from the microwaved food. This notion is not all that silly when we recall that there was always a fairy of the hearth, of the kitchen, the milk parlour and so on until recent times. Cooking by electron bombardment is a sure way to shatter the inner geometries of the enzymes and protiens. Even after removing the food from the death box it continues to cook itself by the speed of activity of the agressive electrons. DO NOT EAT IT.

You should see what they have to say about flouride.

And check out this guy's mullet:
consmiles.jpg

Wilbert said:
As for working there (which is what the ban is about, isn't it?), I think if you take a job as a barman, you probably know beforehand that it is a smoky environment.
That's what I said to all the children working in big factories during the industrial revolution, I sez "look, you know you'll prolly get your little hands chopped off, so don't work there if you don't want to, you know it's a dangerous environment"

Safety schmafety.

heh heh! you don't care what you post once its an ENORMOUS chunk of text!

jane said:
Guys, we have nothing to worry about from smoking. Listen to www.irishwizards.com:

These things are the real culprit, according to the 'Museum of Energetic Mistakes':

Microwave Cookers
These destroyers of food's essential health value get cheaper every year. It is cooking by irridation and it destroys the flavour and removes the possibility of the enjoyment of the food. One friend has spoken of an awareness (obtained while meditating) of a energy demon on the other side of the food destroyer (microwave) who lives exclusively on the energy value that is removed from the microwaved food. This notion is not all that silly when we recall that there was always a fairy of the hearth, of the kitchen, the milk parlour and so on until recent times. Cooking by electron bombardment is a sure way to shatter the inner geometries of the enzymes and protiens. Even after removing the food from the death box it continues to cook itself by the speed of activity of the agressive electrons. DO NOT EAT IT.

You should see what they have to say about flouride.

And check out this guy's mullet:
consmiles.jpg

ireland takes example from other countires and enforces stuff with iron first without thinking stuff through... like the NCT, like clamping, penalty points on your licence, like everything... it's almost like it's a scramble to be the best ever while not giving a fuck about what's it's like to live here on a day-to-day basis... i think it's very irish, to enforce all this shit, totally and unforgivingly, without any possibility for appeal whatysoever. in america, there's usually some sort of patio area or enclosed open area in some pubs where people can go and have a smoke without actually leaving the establishment their patronising in the first place... i just think ireland, or the irish government, is really really thick. so, did irish ever get recognised on that list as an official language? i think that's important...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back