Shit Cafes (1 Viewer)

Fumbally? I've always found it pretty good, hip beyond belief alright but that's ok by me. I have never been there when packed though, it didn't seem like it could handle crowds. Their coffee is always plum flavour though, which is weird.

Yeah, Fumbally. It was very very busy, but I didn't appreciate being given out to.

Are we american now? When i was a childer cafe's could be staffed by the most unapproachable people on earth and it was not something you considered. You considered did you want the food or not and were aware that you were not made of cotton wool and actually could interact with humans regardless of their attitude. I hate this thread. Its a sure sign we've swam right up the hole of a requirement for falsified customer relations. Its a sandwich like. Or stew or something. Get over it. the person is probably on minimum wage. like the food? eat there! don't like the food! eat somewhere else!! Want a hug when you order? fuck off to centra and get something from the fridge.

are we tipping the staff for this now, or are they still on minimum or close like when i was childer?
I definitely feel a pressure to tip if it's a place you sit down in. NOnly if they're nice though. So if they're unfriendly, like when you were a childer, then they won't get tipped, like when you were a childer.

Either way they're still on minimum wage, that never changes.

Its depressing to be nice when you don't feel like being nice for 39 hours a week. Its not nice to expect someone to never not feel nice and rate their pay on it. Did they take your order? has the food arrived? Sound.
Its customer service though. Fair enough, they don't have to be nice, but the fact that a customer pays money (and almost always, more money to sit in the establishment than to take their purchases away with them), I think its reasonable that a minimum level of decorum be guaranteed. Beyond that it can get false, yes, but if its not in the person's nature to be nice, then its fair they're not gonna get tipped (I always tip, even for take-away coffee).

If the person is getting minimum wage and they don't really like dealing with the public, perhaps its not the job for them. I would give repeat business if someone was nice to me and would avoid a place if they are not nice.

First, childer is the plural, therefore Ann Post can't have been a childer, rather,one of the childer.

Second, I should really have called this thread 'Shit coffee places', it's a fine line but I think I'm on the wrong side of it.

Anyway, the real point: sure, staff can be as big a prick as they want to be, it's just unlikely they'll last long. I've worked in this sort of job before and yeah it can be a pain in the hole at times but that's the nature of it.

Finally, I wanna go try that plum flavoured coffee Lili mentioned.

Being nice is part of the bleeding job though. It sucks working in the service industry but being civil to customers is part and parcel of that.

I remember when The Four Lanterns opened in Letterkenny

It was as if the Americans had just won the war for us all over again

I had a dream one night I was in this weird fast food joint with @ann post and it only occurred to me the next time I was in L'Kenny that the dream was just how my brain had interpreted an edge of precipice blind drunken visit to the Four Lamps after a session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back