Shebeen Chic (1 Viewer)

Okay, so I ended up in this place for dinner yesterday evening. 6.30pm we arrive, the guy at the door makes a big deal about the menu 'not having staples cos we are saving the environment today'....6.40 we order dinner and a bottle of wine. 7.20 a flustered waitress informs my girlfriend that the 'irish stew has run out'...with little apology, 7.30 we get our meals, stew replaced with salmon...small portions but tasty enough. 7.55 we're offered desserts, order rhubarb tart, but get given apple crumble with crumble that tastes of nothing but flour and hard uncooked bits of apple...8.20 our bill finally arrives and we've been charged for 3 vodkas, split and something else I can't remember (that we didnt order) in addition to our food and wine...all around us muppets are tucking in going..mmm, so chic, so berlin-esque, so groovy..rah rah rah...

Don't waste your time with this place..they serious need to get their act together on service anyway...worst service I've encountered in years.

Wow. Sounds like a hot place. Remember "Goff's 5 minute rule".

If you haven't had your order taken within five minutes, walk out. If you have, but they're taking unusually long (5 minutes plus) to let you know the current situation or bring you your starter, walk out.

Fuck 'em. It's not as if you can't get food anywhere these days.

Wow. Sounds like a hot place. Remember "Goff's 5 minute rule".

If you haven't had your order taken within five minutes, walk out. If you have, but they're taking unusually long (5 minutes plus) to let you know the current situation or bring you your starter, walk out.

Fuck 'em. It's not as if you can't get food anywhere these days.

You're not by any chance the Duke of Kent, are you?

Okay, so I ended up in this place for dinner yesterday evening. 6.30pm we arrive, the guy at the door makes a big deal about the menu 'not having staples cos we are saving the environment today'....6.40 we order dinner and a bottle of wine. 7.20 a flustered waitress informs my girlfriend that the 'irish stew has run out'...with little apology, 7.30 we get our meals, stew replaced with salmon...small portions but tasty enough. 7.55 we're offered desserts, order rhubarb tart, but get given apple crumble with crumble that tastes of nothing but flour and hard uncooked bits of apple...8.20 our bill finally arrives and we've been charged for 3 vodkas, split and something else I can't remember (that we didnt order) in addition to our food and wine...all around us muppets are tucking in going..mmm, so chic, so berlin-esque, so groovy..rah rah rah...

Don't waste your time with this place..they serious need to get their act together on service anyway...worst service I've encountered in years.

sounds like it's running on call centre mentality.

MURPHY Y2K or 2000 - WHERE ARE YOU NOW?

"eh.. hi. I was recommended i come here by a Mr Murphy Y2K, not sure if he works here but he speaks highly of the place. I think he's the lad on the left in this picture

y2kband1.jpg

top notch wedding band apparently. Anyway, he said i should come here before i mouth off on the internet how crap the place is. Do you have a table for two? Would it be possible to be seated outside so we can get some fresh air?"

sounds like it's running on call centre mentality.

MURPHY Y2K or 2000 - WHERE ARE YOU NOW?

sorry looking for me? hey i'm happy someone actually went out and tried it and hated it. i don't if you like it or not, i don't own the place. i just think opinions are generally better formed by real life experience rather than by bouncing off the sniping of other bored people online!

i walked past here at closing-time when over in dublin at the weekend. can't see what the fuss is about.

still the worst name for anything, ever.

and it is in restaurant deadzone no.1.

i walked past here at closing-time when over in dublin at the weekend. can't see what the fuss is about.

still the worst name for anything, ever.

and it is in restaurant deadzone no.1.

brokenarm have you been playing the flipflop game with barrack 1800 fistbumpmcccainsbrain obama?

This is a quote from the owner

considering that some people who have been there think they are selling overpriced slop and I think the "green" line is a very poor case of greenwashing to whore out some differentiation I will probably not go there.

brokenarm have you been playing the flipflop game with barrack 1800 fistbumpmcccainsbrain obama?

but but I just said I can't see the fuss about the place i.e. why everyone thinks it's so "hip" - that doesn't mean the owners aren't dicks and it's not overpriced.

mind you i had a pint or two in me so wasn't really paying attention.

sorry looking for me? hey i'm happy someone actually went out and tried it and hated it. i don't if you like it or not, i don't own the place. i just think opinions are generally better formed by real life experience rather than by bouncing off the sniping of other bored people online!

Well.

There goes the first half of my life.

I must say, I disagree.

after siobhan's and cephalopopopod's reviews, i swear to fuck if anyone who has read this thread voluntarily goes to this place for food, they are an idiot.

i still havent been in. i actually find myself crossing to the other side of the street when i pass it.

that fucking couch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back