Roddy Collins (1 Viewer)

not up to uefa standards, the new one will be completely up to their standards when its built. sure if the had managed to score one of those misses right at the end they wouldnt have been playing the next game at dalymount as it doesnt meet uefa champions league standards for 3rd round qualifying stages, it would have been in the rds show grounds, could you imagine if they qualified for group stages !?!?! i mean would they have had to played their games in croke park !!! to please uefa

Bollocks, shit one Drogheda, bad luck! I watched the leg in Dalymount on T.V, it was a great match and Drogheda really deserved at least a draw from it, Dynamo Kiev look shite, fuck them!

yeah dynamo were piss poor, they all looked as if the had somewhere better to be, but fair play to the drogs the never gave up, me voice is still fucked from screaming at the telly, id say the neighbours shat themelver when we srcored the second equilizer, i wasnt able to sit still from then on, i ended up booting a foldup chair straight from the sitting room into the kitchen (bout 8 ft through the air!!!) when we missed the open net from 6 yards. heart stopping shit

Fair fuckin' play to Drogehda.. I was at the first leg in Dalymount and they put in a decent effort but I fully expected they'd be murdered in Ukraine. Seems they were within inches of winning the tie in the end, two amazing chances right at the death. Roddy Collins is a plank, he clearly wanted them to lose the tie by as much as possible to validate his repetitive rants about the poor state of the League of Ireland teams.

yeah roddy is a fool big time,

i see bohs are in financial trouble, and quite serious financial trouble too, which is a big pity, i hope they dont go down the route shelbourne went down, cause they would be a major major lose and a big shame, the league from what i can see is in big trouble too, what with eircom not renewing their sponsorship of the league, the fai really need to step up to the plate, and market this league big time, i mean week in week out theres quality games and exciting games played, some are more exciting to watch than most premier league matches tbh. and if the teams in the league are ever expected to do well in europe there needs to be major investment put into the irish game at this level, and unfortunetly i cant really ever see it happening.

yeah roddy is a fool big time,

i see bohs are in financial trouble, and quite serious financial trouble too, which is a big pity, i hope they dont go down the route shelbourne went down, cause they would be a major major lose and a big shame, the league from what i can see is in big trouble too, what with eircom not renewing their sponsorship of the league, the fai really need to step up to the plate, and market this league big time, i mean week in week out theres quality games and exciting games played, some are more exciting to watch than most premier league matches tbh. and if the teams in the league are ever expected to do well in europe there needs to be major investment put into the irish game at this level, and unfortunetly i cant really ever see it happening.

thank all the irish premiership "supporters" who follow a team they may not even have seen in the flesh.hard luck to drogheda too,at leat they gave a good account of themselves.
as for bohs-if theyre stupid enough not to learn from shels theyre gonna learn the hard way.as a hoops fan ill be only too happy to see their completely deluded fans put back in their place.too big for the intertoto cup indeed.

Roddy is great entertainment. everyone who talks through their arse usually is.

couldn't believe the Drogs got so close. Unlucky sons.

not up to uefa standards, the new one will be completely up to their standards when its built. sure if the had managed to score one of those misses right at the end they wouldnt have been playing the next game at dalymount as it doesnt meet uefa champions league standards for 3rd round qualifying stages, it would have been in the rds show grounds, could you imagine if they qualified for group stages !?!?! i mean would they have had to played their games in croke park !!! to please uefa

ok - fair enough, couldn't be played in Drogheda.

it's dispiriting to see Irish teams play European games at a bigger stadium for financial reasons.

home advantage has a lot to recommend it.

you can be sure that Dynamo Kiev played last night's game at their own stadium.

dont worry,the ENGLISH premier league starts next week,you can go down to the pub and watch "your" team.

I watch football at home actually. There's only been a LOI club near me since 2002. Am I suddenly supposed to get an instant affection for them due to their locality?

What's wrong with the English dude?

League of Ireland football is of a uniformly poor standard. The elephant in the thread is that Kyev fielded their second string side last night...and still got the necessary result (despite their arrogance).

All this inverted snobbery grinds my gears.
Support your local team my hole.

Every time I go see a LOI game I get the 'flu from watching foul throws and a sore neck from looking up at the ball in the air. It's the Titus Bramble of 'professional' leagues.

watching foul throws and a sore neck from looking up at the ball in the air.quote]

pay more attention next time you watch an english premiership/champions league match.

at the end of the day...footballs football.

I'm making no claims for the LOI being some brilliant league, by the way. It just saddens me that we've allowed our (urban) culture of attending football matches die.
Watching football on TV is grand, it's fun, it's entertaining, but an entirely different pursuit.
It doesn't matter to people in, I dunno, Shrewsbury that the standard they watch is poor, it's just something they do. It's part of waht makes their town what it is. And we play football here, in huge numbers. It just doesn't translate into any support for our pro game anymore.
The standard doesn't matter.
And don't talk to me about "well we attend GAA matches", that's our culture. No we don't! We go to GAA occasions, a few times a year. And for anyone in Dublin, it's not really your culture anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back