Rhodec. (1 Viewer)

Corey

The missus is gonna be starting one of those rodec courses in interior design soon, and is looking to kinow what kind of programs are good for this sort of thing. I'm thinking 3DS max, flash and illustrator, but i'm sure there's a proper CAD program specifically for this knid of thing. Anyone have any fantastic ideas?

ooh where is she doing the course? Full time? Part time? What sort of qualification will she get?

i would recommend not using a smaller program like sketch up because when you're going for a job, they'll nearly always want autocad/vectorworks/microstation etc. so may as well get to know one of them first, then mess around with sketch up...

i hear vector works is easier than acad, and its available for a mac unlike acad.

also worth looking at alternatives to 3dMax cos its built for making stuff like star wars rather than simple renderings so you end up dealing with loads of shit you dont need (having said that i use it and just learn to ignore all the shit i dont need)

apart from that photoshop is a definite, and flash could be a handy extra for presentations but definitely not necessary

shitepipe said:
i would recommend not using a smaller program like sketch up because when you're going for a job, they'll nearly always want autocad/vectorworks/microstation etc. so may as well get to know one of them first, then mess around with sketch up...

i hear vector works is easier than acad, and its available for a mac unlike acad.

also worth looking at alternatives to 3dMax cos its built for making stuff like star wars rather than simple renderings so you end up dealing with loads of shit you dont need (having said that i use it and just learn to ignore all the shit i dont need)

apart from that photoshop is a definite, and flash could be a handy extra for presentations but definitely not necessary

Must spread pandemic viral infections globally, etc. Sound out.

Kirstie, Rhodec's a degree by post course that you start as soon as you send in your first assignment. It's pricey though, or at least was back when she got it. There are stacks of different ones available, she's going for interior design. To be honest i dont know how viable it is; but then i dont trust what i cant see. You did'nt hear that.

http://www.rhodec.edu/

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back