Requests. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 859
  • Views 83K
  • Watchers 13
Back with my usual whinge..!

I can't cut and paste an image into threads. Say from Google Images. When I right-click to paste, the paste function is blankety-blank.
I'd post a screen grab.. only I can't!

Also, whats the situation with the insert image icon? It used to let you browse and upload an image from your hard drive. Now it doesn't. In fact I'm not sure what it does!

Who'll be first to post an image and say - don't know what you're on about Jim!?

Back with my usual whinge..!

I can't cut and paste an image into threads. Say from Google Images. When I right-click to paste, the paste function is blankety-blank.
I'd post a screen grab.. only I can't!

Also, whats the situation with the insert image icon? It used to let you browse and upload an image from your hard drive. Now it doesn't. In fact I'm not sure what it does!

Who'll be first to post an image and say - don't know what you're on about Jim!?

first off, the advanced image editor was disabled because it was causing hassle for people. now you just click the image icon & paste in the URL for the image.

right click to paste a copied image straight in works for me...

doing-it-wrong.jpg

It's seems Pete's signature is showing what books he's reading.

What madness is this now? What next, a gig countdown indicator?

[edit: on closer inspection, it's a goodreads feed thingy. argument still stands though.]

It's seems Pete's signature is showing what books he's reading.

What madness is this now? What next, a gig countdown indicator?

[edit: on closer inspection, it's a goodreads feed thingy. argument still stands though.]

it's a work in progress....

pete; under the facebook section on the right hand side, when i try to click on a

'XXXXX shared The Jimmy Cake - You're Actually Going To Hate This. · about a month ago' link, i get this:

[h=1]Bad karma: we can't find that page![/h] You asked for {%sh404SEF_404_URL%}, but despite our computers looking very hard, we could not find it. What happened ?

• the link you clicked to arrive here has a typo in it
  • or somehow we removed that page, or gave it another name
  • or, quite unlikely for sure, maybe you typed it yourself and there was a little mistake ?
[h=4]{sh404sefSimilarUrlsCommentStart}It's not the end of everything though : you may be interested in the following pages on our site:{sh404sefSimilarUrlsCommentEnd}[/h] {sh404sefSimilarUrls}

pete; under the facebook section on the right hand side, when i try to click on a

'XXXXX shared The Jimmy Cake - You're Actually Going To Hate This. · about a month ago' link, i get this:

Bad karma: we can't find that page!

You asked for {%sh404SEF_404_URL%}, but despite our computers looking very hard, we could not find it. What happened ?

• the link you clicked to arrive here has a typo in it
  • or somehow we removed that page, or gave it another name
  • or, quite unlikely for sure, maybe you typed it yourself and there was a little mistake ?
{sh404sefSimilarUrlsCommentStart}It's not the end of everything though : you may be interested in the following pages on our site:{sh404sefSimilarUrlsCommentEnd}

{sh404sefSimilarUrls}

uh oh

looks like someone changed the setup for SEF urls during the upgrade, and also broke the SEF component's language file

thanks

Ok, this may be just my laptop and/or Broadband speed, but is Thumped taking longer to load these days. Everybody else seems to be posting away, so it is possibly just me.

When I want to reply to a thread, the little box at the bottom (where you type a post) takes ages to expand out, before I canpost. And it never expands all the way. And those little icons rarely appear now (post an image) etc.

Every now and then (only recently), I hear a low crashing noise, that I never hear anywhere else but on Thumped! It doesn't seem to do anything but signify that it has given up trying to fully open a thread. Or something.

I'm only using an O2 dongle so maybe its time for a change. I really don't know!

are you using chrome?

I'm using Chrome and I get this all the time.

Thought they'd blocked it at work.

[h=1]Website Offline, No Cached Version Available[/h]The website you are trying to access is currently offline. The most likely causes are the server is down for maintenance, there may be a network problem, or the site may be experiencing excessive load.
The site uses CloudFlare in order to help keep it online when the server is down by serving cached copies of pages where they are available. Unfortunately, a cached copy of the page you requested is not available, but you may be able to reach other cached pages on the site.
If you continue to receive this error after you believe the site is back online, you can retry a live version of the site.

No I don't think so. But this is weird! - everything seems to be fine now - directly after I posted that message! All the little icons and all are back! Pete - thats impressive - even if you didn't do anything!

Should I avoid Chrome?

no there's a bit of weirdness in it where if you leave a prefetch setting enabled that's meant to speed up browsing, everything slows to a crawl. it's not just here it happens.

I've noticed on my work machine today (maybe it's something you changed in the last few days?) but the little nubs for collapsing the sidebar boxes is gone. A nicer alternative would be to remove the entire thing altogether for logged-in users. I'm guessing 99% of users here know how to use the 'New Posts' button.

emPB5.png

And the header needs to play nicer with AdBlockPlus enabled, too much wasted space.

whfQu.png

Attachments

• 000154-General - Mozilla Firefox_2012-03-06_14-50-34.jpg
    000154-General - Mozilla Firefox_2012-03-06_14-50-34.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 000153-General - Mozilla Firefox_2012-03-06_14-50-21.png
    000153-General - Mozilla Firefox_2012-03-06_14-50-21.png
    26 KB · Views: 83

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back