Recommend a good distortion pedal (2 Viewers)

Pro-Co Deucetone

189824.jpg

4 RATS in one.

How on earth could you go wrong.? I got mine about 2 years ago. I reckon, by it's build, it should last me about another 97 years.

EXP-2001-Expandora-II.jpg

a bit late for you but i got one of these, ran through my
bassman (with both the volume on both chans cranked)
it gives a fairly defined yet masculine tone, like a young
glenn danzig

I'll probably be selling one of these fairly soon.

Plenty of overdrive, distortion & fuzz options.
There's also a feature called Amp Control that lets the pedal change channels for you.
This means you can have a mild distortion saved on your first preset, then switch to your 2nd preset & it'll change channel & distortion type with one foot tap.

http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/OD-20/

Used one of these recently and it became instant favourite. I have the bass version already but I'm gonna buy the guitar one as well or possibly a kit one from these guys for 20 odd euro.

What's the bass version?
The M80 or the blowtorch?

I'm looking for a reeeeaaaalll simple to use bass distortion & love the MXR stuff.

What's the bass version?
The M80 or the blowtorch?

I'm looking for a reeeeaaaalll simple to use bass distortion & love the MXR stuff.

The M80 or bass di+, haven't tried the blowtorch but I like having the clean channel on the M80 even though I don't use it much atm.

just got one of these:

XXL_b_image.jpg

this is the crowd that make the sans-amp. wanted a pedal that would give me a bit for definition. have been using a big muff but lately have found it a bit too much. other then how it looks this yoke is deadly. tons of volume and low end, and it will go from barely-breaking-up tubey overdrive, to full on fuzz. i recommend it.

The M80 or bass di+, haven't tried the blowtorch but I like having the clean channel on the M80 even though I don't use it much atm.

I already have the Sansamp BBDI so just need something for distortion.
I like the idea of the MXR Distortion+ but haven't heard it on the bass.
Might just take a chance on it anyway.

I've had this for about 12 years or so and I'd long gone off it but in recent weeks I've been having a lot of fun with it ...

DriveMaster.jpg

HA! me too, had it since 93/94 and hadn't used it for ages. much smoother then i remember.

I already have the Sansamp BBDI so just need something for distortion.
I like the idea of the MXR Distortion+ but haven't heard it on the bass.
Might just take a chance on it anyway.

tellin ye, for the money, that XXL is excellent. glen from C40 used to use the distortion+ for bass and i borrowed it at a gig mound did with them. it was grand but the low end did dissapear.

mxr have a bass fuzz coming out, el grande m-182 i think its called. supposed to be class. about €110 on thomann, but they haven't got it in yet. sounds very nice on the audio samples on the mxr site.

I must check out one of those. Anyone seen any of the reissues in town?

Saw a couple over the weekend.
I think Perfect Pitch was the cheapest at €130-ish.
Musician Inc. had them as well but were about €20 more expensive.

Still, worth trying them out there first & then buying online.

just got one of these:

XXL_b_image.jpg

this is the crowd that make the sans-amp. wanted a pedal that would give me a bit for definition. have been using a big muff but lately have found it a bit too much. other then how it looks this yoke is deadly. tons of volume and low end, and it will go from barely-breaking-up tubey overdrive, to full on fuzz. i recommend it.

Looks good alright.
The one I'd really love to try out is the Fulltone Bass Drive but the XXL would be a much less expensive experiment?

Did you get it from Thomann or are they in any shops here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back