Recommend a good distortion pedal (2 Viewers)

This LOOKS deadly anyways
XXL-Reissue.jpg

Thats a Tubescreamer (on tic)?
I've been curious about these for a while.
Did not think they gave that kind of crunchieness, thought they were more of a fuzz/sustain typa jobbie.

eh... Whats an 808 mod?

They're the 2 distortions Hamilton uses but I guess they're run into a cranked stack.
The 808 mod gives a richer, darker distortion.

Cheers dude, good stuff outta you.

Where's good for pedal mod's?

I'vea Fender Blender that is crying out for LED's

don't own either but i've used both. i'd say the tubescreamer is more versatile but the mxr sounds better for bass.

don't own either but i've used both. i'd say the tubescreamer is more versatile but the mxr sounds better for bass.

The mxr bass one I have sounds deadly on guitar too imho. Never used a tube screamer though.

Hmm, I read good things about the ts9 all the time, but I've had one for years and have never gotten any half decent sound out of it (using various fenders guitars through a twin reverb).

I use a bd2 for light distortion, big muff for fat stuff, and a rat for leady stuff.

I wants one of these:

FullcolorMidSwitch.jpg

oh, and i have a [SIZE=-1]danelectro dd1 fab tone what the dude from mogwai uses.
the big muff shits all over it.
[/SIZE]

John-out-of-Stoat has a T-Rex Dr. Swamp and it sounds fantastic. Probably not metal enough for what you're looking for though.

I have one of those warp factor Hughes and Kettner pedals that were going cheap on thomann a while ago, supposed to give you a heavily distorted metal sound, really a cheap-sounding old thing but ok for bass (makes my bass sound like that "walking on the beaches lookin at the peaches" song)

Got my hands on one of these in the end.
Its the Pedigree Chum of pedals. Firm and meaty through and through.
Love it. Gorgeous feedback. Happy me.

bosspw2.jpg
"Power Driver - A super-boosted mid-range and way-too-heavy low end will have you sounding like you¹ve just plugged into a huge stack of 4x12 speaker cabinets. - EQ section features ³Muscle² and ³Fat² controls; Muscle boosts the midrange to unhealthy levels; Fat controls one thing - your complete LOW-END domination. The BOSS PW-2 Power Driver was developed to deliver distortion tones previously unavailable in the stomp box arena - namely, the mid-range-boosted, heavy-low-end sounds that are usually associated with a modern, overdriven stack of 4 x 12" speaker cabinets. Even at low amp volumes, the PW-2 sounds huge."
http://www.amptone.com/distortionprods.htm

Just like to add, when I plugged the PW2 in first, it sounded like my amp farting, needs a lot of patient tweaking.
Great pedal, but can sound crap at the wrong settings. I'd love to hear it through a Marshall stack, I'd say it really sounds like a beast through one of them.

Funnily enough, they do exactly what you'd expect them to do with names like that! (low end and midrange respectlvly)
I'd love to run it through your amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back