Real Life Book Club (1 Viewer)

Bellatrix said:

Minister John O'Donoghue also wants to make it known that although he thoroughly enjoyed himself, going forward he'd prefer if we kept the smut talk to a minimum. Thanks.

johnodonoghue.JPG

:):D:):D

wageslave said:
Hi,

I'd like to get in on this next time too. That ok?

Hi, yes,do come :)

The book, The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison, is 8 euro from Amazon.
Ordered the Threads DVD too...

I only saw Threads recently, it freaked me out. It is amazing! The Day After is a joke. I couldn't make it down last night and likely won't make the next one but the one after that I should be able to.

Brian Conniffe said:
i miss the site.
also, muffin + cpr, where arrrrrre youuuuuu?

I'm waiting on a lot of money from my old landlord. Once I get that, I'll have it up again.

Super Dexta said:
i'm firmly convinced now that muffin doesn't actually exist.[/
sorry dudes and dudettes...had the absolutely worst day ever in work on wednesday which ended in me going home with the worst headache and climbing into bed..it involved some man shouting at me for 10 minutes..and i even read the book and everythin!!!toni morrisson for the next one it is...sorry kids!!

picked up the bluest eye today for €10.50 in dubray books. hodges figgis have it for €10.20 too, not too bad.

Hey, I'm new to the thumped scene. Stumbled across this here post and must admit to being suitably intrigued. I consider reading a very personal thing, but I'm willing to forego my principles in the hopes of meeting some nice intellectual totty. Points for honesty?

I'm currently in Belgium, so I probably won't make it to the June meeting, but I look forward to casting the eye over all and sundry at the July do.

Stavrogin said:
Hey, I'm new to the thumped scene. Stumbled across this here post and must admit to being suitably intrigued. I consider reading a very personal thing, but I'm willing to forego my principles in the hopes of meeting some nice intellectual totty. Points for honesty?

I'm currently in Belgium, so I probably won't make it to the June meeting, but I look forward to casting the eye over all and sundry at the July do.

I've just got the site up and running again. The address is:
http://beardsofjesus.com/bbs/index.php?

So yeah... we could do stuff from there again if you like. It's handy for folk like Stavrogin and myself who don't live in Dublin.

About halfway through The Bluest Eye now. I actually started it a few weeks ago and then put it aside so had to start again ;)

So will we meet up next Wednesday the 7th ?
Same Bat time, same Bat place ?

Brian Conniffe said:
i havent had a chance to pick this book up. can i turn up anyway and get drunk?
lazeh. you've loads of time to read it. i only started amongst women a week beofre the last one, and the bluest eye is short - i read it in two days.

coraline said:
About halfway through The Bluest Eye now. I actually started it a few weeks ago and then put it aside so had to start again ;)

So will we meet up next Wednesday the 7th ?
Same Bat time, same Bat place ?

Hurrah! I thought this was tomorrow and was going to have to back out. I'm buying that book today.
I got slightly distracted too...Nando Parrado's Miracle in the Andes (the real life guy from the book/film Alive) - this book is unbelievable. The story is so amazing.

i'm not sure if i'm going to be able to make this actually, i think sick of it all in beflast is on the same night! and i bought the book and read it and all. pah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back