Radical legislation you’d love to pass (3 Viewers)

No one is allowed drive a car until they ride a bike on the streets for: 3 years or 1000 miles, once they have left school and found their first job. (So they will have to cycle in rush hour traffic.)
They must also ride 100 miles per year every year they hold onto their driving license.

No one is allowed drive a car until they ride a bike on the streets for: 3 years or 1000 miles, once they have left school and found their first job. (So they will have to cycle in rush hour traffic.)
They must also ride 100 miles per year every year they hold onto their driving license.

What happens if the person is disabled and can't ride a bike?

Restrict public advertisements to the same size as political posters.

Ban all advertisments during kids programs.

Legalise abortion

Extend the Seanad university vote to all graduates, and allow the rest of the them to be elected by universal suffrage.

Require the state to fund only secular education.

All the rain this summer was because of the high rates in human on spider crime. they'll be after the black birds next.
_

good point, well made

my laws:

no cats allowed on beds

the 3 hour day (saunter in for 10, work till 12, have lunch, go home - oh yes lunch counts!)

randomised crushing of articulated lorries in towns by troops of flying mecha-mini-godzillas

good guys don't wear white

I'd like

Ban of use of cars for all journeys of less than 10km
Total ban on motorised vehicles in towns and cities
Ban on the carrying and use of umbrellas in public areas, full stop. It's only water not acid.
Pushing a pram or buggy into oncoming traffic to be punishable by death.
Allowing a toddler or small child to run in front of a car or bicycle ditto.

as opposed to decentralization, i propose that dublin greater be physically removed by way of a large cutting device and motorised, and then instead of tearing up the countryside and building offices all over the shop you just circulate the country drifting ominously, something like a large barge would, administering and governing and doing all that financial centre duties as ye's went, and ye's could straddle onto wales or possibly northern france on yere holidays. Would be handy for folks from the west who dont get home from their city jobs too often..but then i could see bus/iarnord eireann having objections in terms of logistics, but the rural system was always pretty non profit to begin with. anyone care to photoshop this???? the idea's been floatin about fer years.

People should be randomly asked by radio warden's what they listen to. People who admit to listening to Spin FM/98FM etc, should be required to write a 10,000 essay explaining the reasons for their choice of station.

i'm hankering after the days when you'd be sitting on misty northern cliff minding your own business contemplating a la mitch post hoby talk and all of a sudden this great 9 mile (est) monolith lurches out of the fog spike and all on its way back from mowing down the icelandic fishing fleet and claiming thier ocean rights and their women folk.

People should be randomly asked by radio warden's what they listen to. People who admit to listening to Spin FM/98FM etc, should be required to write a 10,000 essay explaining the reasons for their choice of station.

I did a survey last year for 102 (I think) it was for women over 30. I had to listen to snippets of over 700 songs and rate them. It took 2 hours and I got 50 euro. I didn't know half of them. I never realized how big a difference there is in popular music between the US and here. Take That, Westlife, etc...these were all new to me. I think I skewed their results.

bands of ninjas that appear out of nowhere and will administer, at my command, flying kicks to the heads of actors in television advertisements, talk show hosts, politicians, every day muppets etc.

Ban cars and trucks from the city centre.

Harsher litter laws and more bins. Permit citizens to assault litter louts.

Permit cigarette advertising like it was in the 1970s.

Do away or severely restrict 'corporate' boxes at sporting / musical events.

Introduce timers at ATMs which beep loudly if the transaction is not completed with 30 seconds.

Tickets touts, sort them out like, and the practices of ticket vendors that encourage that kind of activity. Touts are bad people.

make this lady minister for arts and culture.... and foreign affairs

Goth%20Mud.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back