Radical legislation you’d love to pass (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
It’s my belief everyone should be sterilized at birth. Well, not irreversible sterilization, so the medical community would have to work on this but sterilized nonetheless. When you decide you want children you’d need to actually say, “ I want a child, please make this possible” before you could. I wouldn’t go as far as saying, tests or any other considerations come into the process, just simply that you actually want one. Population under control sorted and only people who want to be parents are.

On my way to an appointment yesterday I saw this girl with her child. The kid was probably about 5 maybe 6. He looked tired and was dragging a heavy backpack, while his mother walked a few feet ahead smoking and chatting with her friend. The street was rather busy (I was stuck walking behind them) and he was saying, “Mom, I’m really thirsty, can I have a drink?” The response was a screaming, “ I’m not buying you a feckin drink!” I mean the poor kid looked as if he was going to pass out. After a few more attempts the mother finally pointed to a pub and said, “go in and ask for water if you’re feckin thirsty.” Okay, I know I’m not a parent and parents can get very frustrated dealing with a child all day and all but come on.

Last week I came out of the cinema and was walking down Parnell Street. A group of boys (ages 5 to maybe 8) crossed the street (not at a crosswalk) and almost got hit by a taxi. No parents around and they were all taking swigs of cola out of the bottles as if it was a beer. The smallest of the bunch gave the cabbie a hand gesture and shouted, “Ya feckin’ cunt, ya!” after he beeped at them. The kid could not have been more than 5 years of age, ffs. Heartbreaking.

My second legislation would be all people need a license to carry an umbrella. One should have to take umbrella 101 before they can walk down the street with one. I nearly lose an eye every time it rains.

Lastly, on days like today where I have ‘down time’ at work because I am waiting for my colleagues to finish their part before I can start mine… I should be banned from sites like thumped. I will post entirely too much and annoy the hell out of people.

All girlfriends should be forced to listen to the lyrics of 'My Girl' by Madness

Capital punishment for people who don't use their indicators correctly, and for people who refuse to get out of the overtaking lane despite having no intention of overtaking.

I'd go for seanc's 25 hour working week

Here's a not-so-radical one that'd actually stand a chance of being passed - legalise poitín. If you're making it you bring it down to your local chemist, he does a few tests, charges you a few quid and puts an official "safe for human consumption" stamp on it. Everyone wins

Here's a not-so-radical one that'd actually stand a chance of being passed - legalise poitín. If you're making it you bring it down to your local chemist, he does a few tests, charges you a few quid and puts an official "safe for human consumption" stamp on it. Everyone wins

well, that would certainly go a long way towards eradicating the scourge of poitin blindess sweeping the country.

enforced sterility until the age of 29
24 hour working week
strictly enforced ban on alcohol for under 25s (no arguments)
no cars for young lads
curfews imposed on whoever i decide
close all spars and centras and force more bakeries and creameries to open

People will fill whatever time they have. A 25 hour working week is all people need to do. The rest of it is just wasting time.
And stealing an idea from Ben and Jerry’s ice-cream co.: The highest paid person in a company cannot earn more than 7 times what the lowest paid person earns.

And fucking free birth control things for fucks sake!!!

It’s my belief everyone should be sterilized at birth. Well, not irreversible sterilization, so the medical community would have to work on this but sterilized nonetheless. When you decide you want children you’d need to actually say, “ I want a child, please make this possible” before you could. I wouldn’t go as far as saying, tests or any other considerations come into the process, just simply that you actually want one. Population under control sorted and only people who want to be parents are.

my one would be that people have to qualify to vote, a set of oral questions about irish history, political system etc. Open to both native irish citizens and all those resident here for more than five years. ideally it would mean that the voting population was informed and motivated; however it would probably be wide open to abuse. also id like to strengten the power of local government to try and remove the clientist aspect from national politics, have candidates that have to stand for something a bit more than just puttig a new roof on the gaa clubhouse.

in terms of improving infrastructure etc, it would probably be best just to sell the country to the germans or something.

Can we legalise weed too, homegrown at least.

Ban the killing of spiders, maybe have a lesson in school entitled "spiders are people with feelings too".

Ban the killing of spiders, maybe have a lesson in school entitled "spiders are people with feelings too".

Uh, this is kind of at odds with my KILL ALL SPIDERS UNTIL THEY ARE DEAD law.

Ban gum-chewing, of course.

Car alarms and noisy house alarms go away. There's gotta be a way to do home security so it doesn't keep everyone else awake.

I like these 25-hour work weeks and no salaries higher than 7x the lowest wage etc etc.

Did yiz know Jerry of Ben & Jerry's was here in Dublin yesterday? There was free ice cream and all. Didn't go, buh.

Same here
Keep up the good work, seanc, and you'll be on my list of people not to murderize when I'm running the show

jane, heard you on Ryan Tubridy this morning - do you do that stuff often?

Haven't done it in a while, but I'm sort of a 'regular contributor'. They're a lovely bunch down there. Hope it came across okay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back