racists (1 Viewer)

Wow, I've seen some pretty pathetic attempts by people on here to justify themselves before, but this is one of the worst.

Let's just revisit the 'ironic' description of travellers that you gave, will we?

Oh course it was a fucking joke, do you think if I actually thought things like that I'd post them on an internet message board fwhile in work on a message board where a lot of people I know post ?????

I assumed thumped of all places would get that:confused: :confused: as was said it was lifted partly from Bill Hicks and the rest was simply just to get a reaction which it did, too much of a reaction if anything.

I was nothing but friendly to the members of the travelling community I happened across when I worked in the cinema but if my sarcastic comment offended anyone I do apologise.

Oh and as for the difference between me and Steve Coogan, he used to be funny while I never was..:D

Oh, I get it. It's our fault you're ignorant. Because rather than see the humour in your edgy pop-culture reference, we picked up on the ignorance that showed through it. Perhaps you didn't mean it. Fair enough. But don't blame the rest of us because you're shitty at expressing yourself using humour.

It's funny because Bill Hicks, were he still alive, would definitely have some shit to say about the whole 'meta-ignorance' thing. And while I can't speak for the late Mr Hicks, I can't imagine he would sound like you.

You know those travellers you 'happened across' in the cinema? Did they know that you would later use your allegedly sincere friendliness as leverage? People love when you do that.

Oh, I get it. It's our fault you're ignorant. Because rather than see the humour in your edgy pop-culture reference, we picked up on the ignorance that showed through it. Perhaps you didn't mean it. Fair enough. But don't blame the rest of us because you're shitty at expressing yourself using humour.

It's funny because Bill Hicks, were he still alive, would definitely have some shit to say about the whole 'meta-ignorance' thing. And while I can't speak for the late Mr Hicks, I can't imagine he would sound like you.

You know those travellers you 'happened across' in the cinema? Did they know that you would later use your allegedly sincere friendliness as leverage? People love when you do that.
Lets meet in the middle eh Jane........
Have a glass of Ribena.....I am off to bed to watch or read the teletext and then sleep b4 I have to go to work tonight :mad:

Or are you winding me up?

x385.jpg

In case anyone was wondering how low television could sink, check out this potentially stereotype-laden concept:

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=42&si=1667071&issue_id=14469

Talented Aidan 'would love to win an Oscar'

A YOUNG Irish actor was signed by a manager on his first day in Hollywood and is now starring in multi-million dollar movies and US TV shows.
And one day he hopes to win an Oscar for his work.
Although he is just 12, Aidan Mitchell has already worked alongside stars such as Sigourney Weaver and David Duchovny.
He is currently working on the TV series, 'Low Life', about a family of Irish Travellers trying to settle into life in American suburbia.....[/quote]

Christ.

http://66.51.173.18/newswire.aspx?id=7098

LOW LIFE (FX) - Margo Martindale (CBS's "Silver Bells"), Shannon Woodward (a recent guest on "Cold Case"), newcomer Aidan Mitchell and Noel Fisher (Sam Johnson on "Huff") have all joined the cast of the drama pilot, about a family of grifters (headed by Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver) who take the identity of an upper-middle-class suburban family in Louisiana. Woodward and Mitchell are set as two of the couple's kids while Martindale will play one of their neighbors. Fisher's character wasn't specified. Fox Television Studios, Maverick Television and FX Productions are behind the hour, which Carl Franklin is directing from a script by Dmitry Lipkin. Izzard, Mark Morgan, Guy Oseary and Michael Rosenberg also serve as executive producers.

And, okay, maybe it won't be awful, maybe it will actually be not, like, woeful (even if there are sensible people involved, I wouldn't hold my breath), but in case you want a cringe when it comes to media coverage, check out the articles and interviews, where it is interesting to note the ease with which 'traveller' and 'con artist' are used interchangeably:

http://www.auntiemomo.com/cakeordeath/tvpilot.html

More cringing:

http://www.auntiemomo.com/cakeordeath/timespic.html

Fuck! I had that idea, i wanted to call it 'High Ace'.

Minnie Driver - Dahlia Malone

Ah yes, perfect. Cast the most spoilt, aloof, egocentric cow in Hollywood as a pennyless, down to earth dedicated mother.

Why not cast Liza Minnelli as Grandma Malone, the greasy haired, gravel voiced, pram wielding voice of wisdom.

Lets meet in the middle eh Jane........
Have a glass of Ribena.....I am off to bed to watch or read the teletext and then sleep b4 I have to go to work tonight :mad:

oh fuck off janer you tiresome rascist wanker

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back