racists (2 Viewers)

It's the same one as the last previous 23 bumps?

If so COOL!

As I said the previous 22 times my problem is the bleeding hearts that go on n on n on about the immigrants and don't look closer to home.

etc etc etc etc
:p

chillAX janer. we know you're a friend of the chinese, etc.:rolleyes:

Speak Engrish or Die

as you wish.

companion-mind.jpg

As Macka B once said,

(Racists) Back off

and

don't drink too much if you can't take it, it might be better if you smoke marijuana

People are fairly safe being 'meta ignorant' on a forum that is read predominantly by straight, educated, middle-class, white, settled Irish men.

Good thread. It rectifies the recent unpleasant outbursts a little. When people call us on our poorly veiled 'humourous' casual racism/classism/homophobia, we might reconsider our use of language and humour to include the people that we choose to ridicule for rep/kudos/whatever.

We have this thing around here that I think they named meta-ignorance or some such a few months ago (jaysis, they have a name for everything these days) which basically amounts to people saying really ignorant shit and not really meaning it because it's funny or something. And everyong gets it because we're all "right on".

I'm not sure. Frona said it not me.

"meta-bigots". The meta-bigots work at social problems indirectly; instead of discussing race, rape, abortion, incest, or mass starvation, they parody our discussions of them. They manipulate stereotypes about stereotypes. It's a dangerous game: If you're humorless, distracted, or even just inordinately history-conscious, meta-bigotry can look suspiciously like actual bigotry.

-------

biggots

As I found out to my detriment in the aforementioned Travellers thread, the meta-ignorance thing can be a tricky beast especially when it's on a message board whereby you can't pick up on the tone of the statement, sarcasm, irony etc.

What I find 'funny' is the whole 'coming over here stealing our jobs' line sure isn't that what we've been doing all around the world since famine* times.

*Alan Partrige - "It was just the potatos that were effected wasn't it?
RTE executive - "Yeah"
Alan - "Well at the end of the day, you're going to pay the price if you're a fussy eater"

I have absolutely no problem with racsism. It's human nature. Treating people with disrespect, however, I do. I don't give a shit if someone hates me for my race, religion etc. just don't show me any disrespect and i care less.

crive.

As I found out to my detriment in the aforementioned Travellers thread, the meta-ignorance thing can be a tricky beast especially when it's on a message board whereby you can't pick up on the tone of the statement, sarcasm, irony etc.
Wow, I've seen some pretty pathetic attempts by people on here to justify themselves before, but this is one of the worst.

Let's just revisit the 'ironic' description of travellers that you gave, will we?

evil bandit said:
Filthy cunts that somehow survive at the lowest level of sub-existance who are infact so inbred that the right eye is in the left socket and the left eye is in the right one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back