Quotes from your child (2 Viewers)

when I was 3 or 4 I used to go around quoting yeats at people and asking my ma if she thought life was hard. i was clearly well set up for life as an arts student. "do you want to go and walk among the long dappled grass?" indeed.

My parents used to tell me that we were all going to live forever in an icecream castle on the wings of a gigantic gallactic Unicorn... did me no harm...

[edit] I feel a song coming on...

My drunken sister telephoned me from a pub last weekend. She had bet her mate a tenner that unicorns existed and wanted me to back up her claim.

I've a headache..

Oh yeah? Where?

In my foot there. I dont think I can go to school.
Ohhhhh... I think I can feel another one coming. *cough* I think I have two headaches in the same foot... come ooonnnnnn.

heard a kid say to her dad at the paddy's day parade:

kid: daddy, why isn't it raining?
dad: not sure, might rain in a bit. can't have paddy's day without rain.

Was at a Baby Rave on Sunday, someone from French TV wanted to "interview" Isabelle so I said ok. So they fired up the camera and the woman says "So, Isabelle, do you like dancing? What do you like about the baby rave?" She says "Dad, can I stop talking to this lady now?"

egg_ jr. calls my ma "Mamo" and my da "Grandjohn"

So last weekend she says:
"Mamo and Grandjohn are the same person"

Cue laughter from me and Niamh

"Don't be laughing guys!"
This is a little uncanny - Isobel's maternal grandparents are Mamo and Dadjoe...

Her finest moments in quotes:
Two and a half years old she announces 'life is a dream......and a joke'

Around the same time she delivered this memorable piece of blank verse:
Sunshine is beautiful
The sun goes down
The moon goes up
The wall falls down
When the wind blows
I like to say hello!

These kind of things really freak me out.

Was at a Baby Rave on Sunday, someone from French TV wanted to "interview" Isabelle so I said ok. So they fired up the camera and the woman says "So, Isabelle, do you like dancing? What do you like about the baby rave?" She says "Dad, can I stop talking to this lady now?"

Brilliant

Sankyboosh, I'm going to quote your nipper.

"Say 'Daddy'. Can you say 'Daddy'?"

Snakynipper says, "Mommy," then laughs her head off.

She's fricking hilarious. Also, hello, I know kids are always cuter in person, but yours are like some kind of unearthly creatures. Are you sure they're fully human, and not, I dunno, half sugarglider or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back