Quotes from your child (4 Viewers)

Me "Would you like me to read you a story?"
Him "Read the book about rocks, and trees, and mountains... emmmm... and baggies!"

Can you guess the book...

The Hobbit, as described by my 2.5 year old :D

with my seven year old nephew in the back of the car:
'you mean iron is a real thing?'
'yeah, most of this car is made from it'
'wow, i thought it was only in minecraft'.

"It looks like you're wearing make-up, but not in a good way"

It's nice to know I'm aging well.

While listening to free jazz legend Pharoah Sanders the other day ...

"No offence to whoever made this, but that sounds like elephants trying to do opera."

Sick Daddy for the last week has meant lots of listening to nursery rhymes on youtube for the 2 and a half year old while I'm at work with hilarious and genius results.

Aside from the brand new, but pretty tuneful despite the 11 volume setting, renditions of all the old classics with his own lyrics there are some interesting additions to his repertoire

On nearly losing his balance on his balance bike "Nearly fell over like an egg" (humpty dumpty)
"I'm rocking like "rock little baby"" (Rock a bye baby)
Running as fast as he can is now "running like a spoon" (Hey diddle diddle).

There are more but just can't think of them right now.

Me "Would you like me to read you a story?"
Him "Read the book about rocks, and trees, and mountains... emmmm... and baggies!"

Can you guess the book...

The Hobbit, as described by my 2.5 year old :D

Stupid question but is there a toddler version of the Hobbit about? I'd say my young lad'd like it

I haven't seen one, but haven't looked either. I just read him the original story, think he's similar age to your toddler and he seemed to like it.

Aye, he's about 2 and a half now. Can't imagine him having the patience for a non illustrated book but I could be surprised

Aye, he's about 2 and a half now. Can't imagine him having the patience for a non illustrated book but I could be surprised

We read it as part of his bedtime wind down. Non picture books work better for that because he's happy just to look at the cover for a few a little while and then close his eyes and listen until he falls asleep.

After listening patiently (for the first and so far only time) to his Dad and me filling each other in on how our day went - as soon as we'd both stopped talking "Annnd that's the story in Balamory" before he nearly fell off the sofa laughing at his joke. Signsyourtoddlerwatchestoomuchtelevision

This morning "Get that the fuck out!". We decided not to do timeouts but seriously tempted to introduce them for the "supposed" grown up boy (his Dad). Grrrr. There may be blood spilled in Kilmainham tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back