Question for the ladies (or some tuned-in fellas) (1 Viewer)

It Will Never Last

No smart arses please.

Right, here's the thing. I'm meeting a young lass tomorrow evening, its a first date type of thing. Now, we've known each other (but not in a Biblical sense) for a long time as she works with me, and I'm pretty certain tomorrow won't be a first and last date type thing (unless I get rip roaring drunk and schlap me lad on the table...which is possible)

Anyways, what I'm wondering is...

What the fuck do I do about Hallmark Day on Tuesday? I don't want her to realise I'm a sap just yet, so how does one deal with the unfortunate timing of us hooking up?

Would youse expect something? Or would youse be thinking "weirdo" (forget its me for a second). I was thinking of cooking her dinner, mainly cos food is one of the few things I do well. I really haven't a fucking clue.

:eek:

god that's a difficult one and could be a relationship breaker if she expects something and you don't too anything

and then if you do something when she expects nothing,t hat could make you look bad

maybe try to seek out her feeling son the issue in a non-direct way like asking if she had any plans for the week ahead or something like that

therecklessone said:
No smart arses please.

ah, sweet optimism :D

personally, i'd be weirded out by someone i'd only been seeing for a few days doing any sort of valentine's grand gesture. and personally i'd take cooking dinner for someone as a big-ish gesture, if the relationship was in its fledgeling stages. but, and this is a big but, i hate valentine's day, and i've made sure that mr. dexta knows that if he gets me anything beside some inexpensive comedy item (like a packet of 99c cat food when i don't have a cat) then i'll have to seriously reconsider our relationship. so i'm biased like that.

do you know the lovely lady's feeling's on the general concept of valentine's day?

Super Dexta said:
ah, sweet optimism :D

:)

Basically put that in 'cos if it was anyone else posting this thread I'd be trawling Google image search for something stoopid to post. My Name is Earl just finished on C4, karma's a bitch...;)

Super Dexta said:
personally, i'd be weirded out by someone i'd only been seeing for a few days doing any sort of valentine's grand gesture. and personally i'd take cooking dinner for someone as a big-ish gesture, if the relationship was in its fledgeling stages. but, and this is a big but, i hate valentine's day

Thing is, I've haven't felt this positive about a (possible) relationship in a long time. We've been texting each other incessantly for the last week, loads of stupid stuff but there's been more than enough to let me know she's keen. Like I said, we've known each other a while now, its just recently that I plucked up the courage to ask her out (partly cos I convinced myself she wasn't interested and partly cos I'm a cowardly shite).

I mentioned food last night in a few texts, she seemed receptive to the idea of me cooking for her (wanted to know if I was a good cook) so I don't think she sees it as too big a deal.

Super Dexta said:
do you know the lovely lady's feeling's on the general concept of valentine's day?

No. Think I'll have to take IFF's advice and bring the subject of plans for the week up in conversation.

And now I need to chill, else I'll be all stressed out tomorrow night.

Fuck sake, life is bloody hard work...:(

yeah i think it would be a little odd to like give her a card or somethib..but instead volunteer to make her dinner during the week and then see what night she says..if she says tuesday then you know shes kinda feelin the whole valentines day buzz..but good luck tomorrow anyways!!

Dude, its a risky business. Sure, she may have said that she'd be up for you cookin a meal, but that would mean she'd have to go to your house. Thats where your bed is, and that might imply some things that she may take offence to (or not, I dunno)

I'd reckon Muffin's advice is pretty good. Unless you can think of something else that she might be equally into, that wouldn't involve her goin to your gaff y'know?

Best of luck anyways

I'm drunk

muffin said:
yeah i think it would be a little odd to like give her a card or somethib..but instead volunteer to make her dinner during the week and then see what night she says..if she says tuesday then you know shes kinda feelin the whole valentines day buzz..but good luck tomorrow anyways!!
nice.

do something funny, like liadain said. suggest a day in the park laughing at couples 'celebrating' valentines. that'll blow her mind!

ps dating a work colleague is doomed anyway, you might as well finger her ass

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back