Queen Kong / Ladyfest Berlin Hassle (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Magical Girl Gig Sat 18th Aug - Das Wanderlust+Estel+Sweet Jane

I find allot of people in our society, who say that they as a group are being discriminated against, do in fact feel that they as a person are being discriminated against.

They think to themselves "Why don't I have that car? Why don't I make as much as John? Why, I am being discriminated against"

The reality is they don't have that car because they can't afford it and they can afford it because they're on the dole.The reality is "John" is 15 years older and therefore more experienced and deserves more money.

Most of these supposedly "feminist" women I have met are on the dole (shall I name names?). They *cough* "can't find a job" in the best economy we've ever had. They are lazy and therefore instead of looking at themselves to change a problem blame it on sexism, capitalism, et. al.

Not all are on the dole some are perpetually "students" until they turn 30.

what utter bollocks.

The only people who are truly oppressed in Ireland are immigrants as far as I can see.

Most Irish people treat them like subhumans. We need more benefits for immigrants and less for these supposedly oppressed women.

dude, as far as i can see, you're just one of those guys who likes the sound of their own voice. time to give it a break and hand over to people with actual relevant, significant, non-idiot things to say.

As far as I can see you can't handle your moronic views challenged.

ha - i haven't actually given any views in this thread yet, you buffoon.

No, but you clearly have aligned yourself on the opposite side of the argument to mine.

How about instead of name calling you enlighten me with you undoubtedly impartial and unbiased opinion?

dude, as far as i can see, you're just one of those guys who likes the sound of their own voice. time to give it a break and hand over to people with actual relevant, significant, non-idiot things to say.

I was thinking more like someone's condescending middle-aged ma.

some of the arguements you espouse here are so jaded they would be annoying if only for the fact they are delivered in such a dead pan "you've been told...now run along" manner I've had to laugh out loud sometimes.
I can only presume your have a laugh which is why you've just join the forum for this thread...or...you really don't see the hilarity of espousing such things in a manner as if its 'straight talkin' objective truth.

good one, i love it when these guys come along every so often, such a laugh

Grrreatt!

1.jpg

No, but you clearly have aligned yourself on the opposite side of the argument to mine.

How about instead of name calling you enlighten me with you undoubtedly impartial and unbiased opinion?

how about we both stay out of this thread, and let the people with relevant, timely opinions have the space to discuss it?

Well I have heard first person accounts of the event and I doubt my multiple sources were incorrect.

Feminazi is a bullshit term, but as Corey stated and as I have been saying feminism is an outmoded concept. How about humanism instead?

If you think feminism is so passe, why are you so obviously threatened by it?

Can I be the first to open the can?

Now I'm sure that Magical Girl is not attempting to organise gigs and events on a sexist basis, but trying to get women more involved in music and the arts,

but when I see events organised with the purpose of "celebrating women and being female" for me it always comes back to the same problem of reverse sexism which enforces and encourages a difference between the sexes. This just makes me rather cynical about anything organised with this kind of statement in mind. I personally much prefer to see no real issue being made of what sex the members of a band are, because I don't think it should make a difference at all.

I just want to make clear though that I'm not having a go at Magical Girl or anything, but more at the extreme feminism which I think is becoming a bigger and bigger part of modern feminism (in my opinion anyway!).

hey corm - i realise youre not thinking youre having a personal go at magical girl - but you are disagreeing with how i promote magical girl gigs.

I am the one who chooses to organise gigs to celebrate woman and the female world - and you are saying this makes you cynical as it suggests a reverse sexism.

for reasons ive explained in other posts - making women's music and talents visible for one night every couple of months amidst the 1000's of MALE ONLY (by default) gigs is not reverse sexism - its giving women a stage which does not usually happen unfortunately.

men are cool and this gets celebrated ALL THE TIME - EVERYWHERE.
women are cool to and this tends to be invisible and overlooked which is why ladyfests/magical girl exist to readress this imbalance.

so i hold that both sexes are cool but women's coolness needs to be made more visible and celebrated because at the moment its not really.

:D

The only people who are truly oppressed in Ireland are immigrants as far as I can see.

Most Irish people treat them like subhumans. We need more benefits for immigrants and less for these supposedly oppressed women.

But I presume that, given your interest in designated who is and isn't oppressed, you reserve the right to call time on this, too?

By the way, many immigrant women have different issues than immigrant men that contribute to being unable to function fully in Irish society. But I also presume those don't count because women are equal and we're making up all the stuff about gender?

hey corm - i realise youre not thinking youre having a personal go at magical girl - but you are disagreeing with how i promote magical girl gigs.

I am the one who chooses to organise gigs to celebrate woman and the female world - and you are saying this makes you cynical as it suggests a reverse sexism.

for reasons ive explained in other posts - making women's music and talents visible for one night every couple of months amidst the 1000's of MALE ONLY (by default) gigs is not reverse sexism - its giving women a stage which does not usually happen unfortunately.

women are cool to and this tends to be invisible and overlooked which is why ladyfests/magical girl exist to readress this imbalance.

so i hold that both sexes are cool but women's coolness needs to be made more visible and celebrated because at the moment its not really.

:D

this is preposterous. There is no "imbalance".

I am not threaten by it all. I just think it's outmoded and I am stating so. Why are you intimidated by a man with an opinion?

Who said you intimidate me?

You carry on in the great tradition of Jim Crow when it comes to gender, but you claim to have empathy with immigrants.

You sound like David Brent. It's funny. Tell me, what do you think of disableds? Thumped really wants to know.

How about the rights over their own bodies?

We have the morning after pill, correct?

I personally think that women should have access to planned parenthood clinics that perform early abortion; but the morning after bill, birth control, and common sense are are the best solutions and we already have those.

I would wholly support any gig that who proceeds go to supporting planned parenthood clinics. Does "you're magical girl" or "ladyfest" do that?

YOU'RE SUCH A FUCKING PLUG!

http://struggle.ws/wsm/rbr/rbr7/abortion.html

I haven't read all the posts after this (MORONIC) one in this thread, maybe someone has responded to this already, I had to answer this immediately though, i'm SHAKING.

AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION ALL LADYFEST PROFITS GO TOWARDS SUPPORTING WOMEN'S ORGANISATIONS / CHARITIES, to the person who said "it's hardly helping women in Africa" or whatever, Ladyfest Cambridge's profits went to an organisation in Zimbabwe (http://www.sokwanele.com/thisiszimbabwe/archives/407), Ladyfest Cork's profits will go to Cork organisations, such as the Domestic Violence centre & the Sexual Violence centre, even though i'm sure those organisations just sit around all day twiddling their thumbs with nothing to do in the shining example of gender equality that is our society *sarcasm*

They're just 2 examples off the top of my head of Ladyfest funds going towards supporting women.

But I don't think any of these events want or need the support of the likes of you anyway.

regarding the sphere of music, it's totally male-dominated. totally. from performance to production. women wanting to work within it have to deal with a whole load of bullshit, from the "boys with their toys" attitude to the fact that virtually any well known female vocalist or performer is going to be judged to a certain degree by certain people on their looks. to deny so is absolute willful ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back