puns (1 Viewer)

OK, ok.

There was this Buddhist Monk right, and he had this rotten tooth. It was so painful he didn't know what to do so he went up the sacred mountain to the head monk dude to ask his sagely advice.

"Oh holy one what can I do?"

"Have you tried meditation, my child?"

"Yes, I have and still it pains me!"

"Have you tried Buddha's All purpose Hot Poultis, my child?"

"Yes, I have and still it pains me!"

The sagely head monk dude sat back, stroked his long beard, pondered for a few moments and finally said to the monk:

"I'm afraid, my child, that you will have to see the dentist..."

The monk objects, "Oh no! I transcend dental medication!"

Or, how about ...

A guy goes into a fancy restaurant, and orders squid from the waiter, Gervaise. Gervaise asks him to select a squid from the tank, wherein there are many squids, include a lime-green one with a moustache. Now the mustachioed squid had been the tank for some time, and all the staff has become fond of him. This customer, anyway, decides that he wants to eat said green squid, and selects him form the tank. Gervaise, though, being aqfully fond of this squid, can't bring himself to kill him, so wheels the tank into the kitchen to find someone else to do the deed. In the kitchen, he finds Hans, the dishwasher, and asks him to do the honours. So Hans selects a large knife, looks at the squid ... but can't bring himself to do it

And the moral of the story is:

Hans that does dishes can be soft as Gervaise with the lime-green, hairy lip squid

egg_ said:
Or, how about ...

A guy goes into a fancy restaurant, and orders squid from the waiter, Gervaise. Gervaise asks him to select a squid from the tank, wherein there are many squids, include a lime-green one with a moustache. Now the mustachioed squid had been the tank for some time, and all the staff has become fond of him. This customer, anyway, decides that he wants to eat said green squid, and selects him form the tank. Gervaise, though, being aqfully fond of this squid, can't bring himself to kill him, so wheels the tank into the kitchen to find someone else to do the deed. In the kitchen, he finds Hans, the dishwasher, and asks him to do the honours. So Hans selects a large knife, looks at the squid ... but can't bring himself to do it

And the moral of the story is:

Hans that does dishes can be soft as Gervaise with the lime-green, hairy lip squid
You can't beat puns derived from stories that have been contrived with the express purpose of deriving said puns

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back