puns (2 Viewers)

michaelknight said:
Reminds me of when the Nice treaty vote was coming up, and there were loads of billboards with "Say yes to the Nice treaty" - it was like something you'd say to a kid
at school there was 'say no to drugs'

there was a guy called drugs in our class.

nuff said.

a rabbi, a priest, a vicar, paddy englishman, paddy scotsman and paddy irishman all walk into a bar.
the barman says 'what is this?...... some kind of joke?'

captain anomie said:
there was a guy called drugs in our class.
Eh seriously?

:p

I'm particulary partial to people who have funny names, when you place their Christian and surnames together.

My sister used work with a Bob Shrunkle.

Honest to God.

She recently started a new job and was talking about one of the managers to a colleague. The manager's surname is Hunt. (Say his first name was John or something, i dunno. )
She said, "oh I used to work with a guy who shared his surname with John Hunt, except his first name was Mike".

The colleague (who was female) turned and said, rather loudly,

"what, Mike Hunt??"

Things began to dawn....

roxy said:
Eh seriously?

I'm particulary partial to people who have funny names, when you place their Christian and surnames together.

Honest to God.
what were his parents thinking?

Attachments

• name.jpg
    name.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 52
I attended a religious service conducted by Celtic priests. I did not have the words to adequately describe the ritual so I just Druid a picture.

Three bits of string go into a bar from which all pieces of string are barred. To disguise themselves so they can get served, one of them twists himself around and tussles his hair. He goes up and orders three pints. The barman says 'Hey, aren't you a piece of string? Pieces of string don't get served here'. The string replies, 'No, I'm a frayed knot.'

roxy said:
Eh seriously?

Honest to God.

She recently started a new job and was talking about one of the managers to a colleague. The manager's surname is Hunt. (Say his first name was John or something, i dunno. )
She said, "oh I used to work with a guy who shared his surname with John Hunt, except his first name was Mike".

The colleague (who was female) turned and said, rather loudly,

"what, Mike Hunt??"

Things began to dawn....
Bob Shrunkle rings a bell
a record label?

No messing

5 names in my school (and repeat year)...

Ivor Ashe (lots of laughs)
Mike Hunt ( year head always referred to as MR. Hunt of course... former boxer too..)
Brid Doody (bitch teacher...)
Liam Brady (gwan ireland)
Jack Russell (woof)

all real i swear it.

big_pun_endangered.jpg

Bad_Penny_Model said:
No messing

5 names in my school (and repeat year)...

Ivor Ashe (lots of laughs)
Mike Hunt ( year head always referred to as MR. Hunt of course... former boxer too..)
Brid Doody (bitch teacher...)
Liam Brady (gwan ireland)
Jack Russell (woof)

all real i swear it.
in my cousin's class

Rhoda Hoare

A guy in a bar with his Camel... later pissed they leave... the Camel passes out on the floor...
Barman shout "OI! you can't leave that lying there"
Dude says "It's not a Lion, It's a Camel"

Sherlock Holmes: 'Watson, I'm planning on opening an exhibition'
Dr. Watson: 'Ideal Holmes!'

Mahatma Ghandi, right, he's an Indian hero, freedom fighter yada yada. All through his long fought freedom campaign, he never wore any shoes so over time he developed hard, thick skin on the soles of his feet. By the time he came to prominence, he was pretty old and frail but it didn't affect his deeply felt spirituality. But, he led a very aescetic lifestyle and part of that was a very strict diet which only allowed rice and as a result, he developed very bad breath.

So across India, he became known as that super-calloused fragile mystic, plagued with halitosis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back