4. Computer Blue
5. How Come U Don't Call me Anymore
6. When You Were Mine
7. Pink Cashmere
8. Good Love
9. Pop Life
10. Strange Relationship

1 and 2 are a bit of a tie though.

When You Were Mine is such a great song. Love it.
Everytime I saw him live I spent half the gig thinking he was about to break into it, I ALWAYS wanted to hear it live. It never happened though, even though he pulled it out now and then on most tours.

To my shame the only time I ever saw him was Parc Ui Choimh back in the stone age. Had tickets for one of his London shows a few years ago and didn't bother making the trip in the end. Big time regret now.

Seems a lot of people were at that gig.

Being a bit younger I didn't get to see him till 2010 in France, saw him again in 2011 (here) and in 2014 in Birmingham. I'd say each gig was better than the last.

I shoulda just taken the week off work in 2014, flown to London and chased the gigs as they were announced. I've never seen anyone close to as good as he was live.

Saw him twice, first in Cork, then on the Diamonds and Pearls tour in the RDS, which was even better than Cork.

Had tickets to see him in the Point about 12 years ago but my then girlfriend (now wife!) had a really nasty bike crash that day, and I felt bad leaving her side. Doh.

We were in "the pit" for the RDS D&P gig. It was absolutely amazing. I'm not just saying that now, it has been in my top gigs ever since. Saw him in the Point when the squiggle album came out (zero memory of that other than it was way longer than 12 years ago) and again in Malahide which was fantastic.

Seeing all this Prince stuff on the internet these days, I reckon if he had not been so against it he would have been as big now as ever.

He probably wasn't expecting to die.
Ah, come on. It's the first thing people of any means are told to do.
He had financial advisers and all that gear, they're the ones handling the administration.

You could see not wanting to accept that he would die one day, but you'd have thought his inner control freak would want some safeguards put on his image and art post mortem?
Who knows? Just seems odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back