Prince RIP (1 Viewer)

The best ever Prince guitar solo (maybe)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

to hell with that Hall of Fame performance

Ah deadly. I have a vinyl bootleg LP called Sex Machine that has this on it. Just went looking for it and relieved to see I still have it.

tumblr_n4hzse40St1rtx7vso1_540.jpg

hello? This is the 90's calling. I need to talk to you about Bill Clinton

Last edited:
I suppose I should compile a mega best of 1996-2016 Prince collection to prove that he never actually lost it.
You have a fellow traveler in Alex Pappademas

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I lived out in minneapolis for a while with two people who were a sort of pre-cursor to hipsters (it was 2006). We lived in a flat not so far from First Ave and all had just arrived in the city. we had one record player, and three records between us. Purple Rain, Joni Mitchell Blue, and some rolling stones record.

That was my entire introduction to prince on record/album. We always just ended up drinking cheap cans and listening to purple rain and going down town. It made so much sense. It sounded like minneapolis, like you might imaging crosstown traffic sounds like new york, or Luke Kelly sounds like parts of dublin. That record sounds light having a night out in minneapolis. Its amazing.

I lived out in minneapolis for a while with two people who were a sort of pre-cursor to hipsters (it was 2006).
They were hip before it was hip.

we had one record player, and three records between us. Purple Rain, Joni Mitchell Blue, and some rolling stones record.
I hope the Stones record was Black and Blue to keep the colour theme going.

I lived out in minneapolis for a while with two people who were a sort of pre-cursor to hipsters (it was 2006). We lived in a flat not so far from First Ave and all had just arrived in the city. we had one record player, and three records between us. Purple Rain, Joni Mitchell Blue, and some rolling stones record.

That was my entire introduction to prince on record/album. We always just ended up drinking cheap cans and listening to purple rain and going down town. It made so much sense. It sounded like minneapolis, like you might imaging crosstown traffic sounds like new york, or Luke Kelly sounds like parts of dublin. That record sounds light having a night out in minneapolis. Its amazing.
don't wanna hijack the thread but what did you make of Minneapolis? spent small amount of time there heading up/coming down from a place called Ely, way up north of the state nearly ten years ago. spent a saturday afternoon having a few brews in bars around minneapolis. seemed deserted. obviously, based on its music history its a happening place. city during the day seemed pretty bleak. big place, maybe i was in the wrong part

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back