primavera roll call (1 Viewer)

Seems like I was at a different festival to some here. The weather, festival site and people were all very sweet from what I remember. It was incredibly easy to bring in your own alcohol etc. The longest I had to que for a beer was approx five minutes and usually didn't bother as the beer fairy/monkey was always near with those large litrey thingys. The food was scrumptious and inexpensive. Met some seriously dead on people and yes the sound was well dodge at the ATP stage all weekend but could'nt fault it elsewhere.

Highlights : The sound cutting out Billy Corgans whining!
Battles
Herman Dune
Grizzly Bear
Dirty Three
Low
Modest Mouse
The White Stripes
DJ Yoda
Girl Talk
Patti Smith
Wilco
Sonic Youth
Slint
Justice
Fujiya & Miyagi
The Fall
Band of Horses
Beirut

Lowlights : Missing Pelican, Billy Bragg, People Are Germs for one reason or other.
Hot Chip ( great record, poor show on night)
Customs

Primavera has been a breath of fresh air on my calendar for the past three years, long may it continue! :heart:

X J

anyone see Apse? fucking brilliant
diplo at dawn was messianic
i liked the part when mark e smith fired his beardy bassist backstage during the set

highlights

girl talk
jonathan richman
kimya dawson
low
comets on fire
dirty three (if the situation was better, god knows how great it could have been)

no real suprising lowlights
good the bad the queen
smashing pumpkins etc

there were more admin errors this year than last year, which was very suprising

highlights

there were more admin errors this year than last year, which was very suprising

Don't you think the admin errors were out of their control though? I mean it was all cancellations that fucked them up: klaxons, spank rock, explosions in the sky etc. Out of their control really. However, the battles change was a complete fuck-up, they didn't even inform the security at the stage that it had been changed.

The only bad queue I witnessed was Thursday night between 8-9 and that was the rush for booze tickets, after that I didn't wait more than 5 mins for anything.

Don't you think the admin errors were out of their control though? I mean it was all cancellations that fucked them up: klaxons, spank rock, explosions in the sky etc. Out of their control really. However, the battles change was a complete fuck-up, they didn't even inform the security at the stage that it had been changed.

The only bad queue I witnessed was Thursday night between 8-9 and that was the rush for booze tickets, after that I didn't wait more than 5 mins for anything.

cancellations are of course out of their control, but pulling bands an hour was silly. very few people knew why and many people who'd printed their own tme-tables in advance lost out

however putting the CD-drome stage where they had was ridiculous, it completely drowned out dirty three, architecture in helsinki, good bad and the queen amongst many others

last year that stage wasn't used till way later, almost like the vice stage was this year

also last year the auditori was within the main gates, so you only queued once. I could see no real reason to change that situation

and finally

the battles - klaxons things was very badly managed, they could have at least put it on the big screens or something, as a result there was a lot of misinformation, some of which I unfortunately passed on - once again apologies to anyone I tried to convince hot chip and battles had swapped

muchos apologies

r

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back