Primavera 2014 (2 Viewers)

I'm only really going to recreate the Come album cover, I assume there will be no other tourists whatsoever

Prince-3-Chains-O-Gold-313157.jpg

plus i'm supposed to get mugged right? Everyone gets mugged.

Been to Barcelona a bunch of times and never been mugged. If you’re careful you’ll be fine. Have always found the locals to be friendly and accommodating. It’s a good city.

you know Blood Orange had a Mansun cover on his last album? I hope he plays it. Preferably early in the set just in case he's really boring.
hmm yeah, it's not a bad cover. I saw him at Field Day a few years back and he was utterly dreadful though.

war on drugs, glasser, mas ysa, Kendrick Lamar, the wedding present and nine inch nails were highlights for me. The hidden stage worked really well and was surprisingly easy to get tickets for. The national were appallling, and the torrential rain on Friday wasnt much fun.

Kendrick Lamar was shit hot.

I gave him a shot but I was too old for that young folk music. Was also totally put off by the fact that his bio included this sentence:

Whilst waiting to release a new album, the Californian continues to gain ground by hanging around with the likes of Eminem, Solagne Knowles and Big Sean and moving up the Forbes list of the highest paid hip hop artists.

Anyway I super enjoyed Helen Love and Charles Bradley and Courtney Barnett and St Vincent (who i watched instead of NMH because i'm a bad person). Most hipster crowd of the weekend goes to Ty Segall to the power of about 3 million.

Overall it was very good though. Clearly not as good as every year previous but sure what can you do.

Final t-shirt count -

Sonic Youth - 15
Joy Division - 10
Smiths - 4 (6 if you include the Will Smith ones)
Slowdive - 2

Last edited:
Best bands I saw were The Ex, Churches, !!!, Kvelertak and Helen Love.

Only complaint was the VIP pit bullshit. I would've enjoyed Disclosure a lot more if I wasn't standing at a barrier and looking at about 100 people milling around in the stage right pit. Don't know how full it was for the other headliners.

Best bands I saw were The Ex, Churches, !!!, Kvelertak and Helen Love.

Only complaint was the VIP pit bullshit. I would've enjoyed Disclosure a lot more if I wasn't standing at a barrier and looking at about 100 people milling around in the stage right pit. Don't know how full it was for the other headliners.

It was pretty full for st vincent who was the only band i was that close for at the main stages. I was wondering what it must have looked like from the bands perspective if there was a huge space to one side of the stage.

IMHO the rain was great

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back