please read if you like gigs (3 Viewers)

jillface

Website
Visit site
Hey posted this already on another thread but I feel it's important enough to have its very own thread.
Sorry to be a moany promoter.

Boh's is deadly. Gigs are deadly. I'd like to see these things stay deadly together.

Not so deadly:
Poor turnouts due to lack of communication between "promoters". It's not a competition, I personally reckon other independent promoters should support each other as much as possible, and for the most part that's usually the case. But I dunno what happened with all the people organising the four gigs on the same night because that was just crazy.. anyway it's no one fault or anything, it's just something I thought I'd mention. I know shitty weather is a sucker for causing bad turnouts too and unfortunately I can't change that yet.

But mainly, bringing your own booze to venues.
I've been putting on gigs for a few years now and this issue has never been resolved and I doubt it ever will but it's only right that I say what I have to say anyway.. for the sake of Boh's and being able to have gigs there again.

I know not everyone has enough kerching to buy booze for themselves and their mates at the bar all night but in comparison with a lot of other Dublin bars Boh's prices have always been reasonable.. the even have Bavaria for 3 quid! Heh. Basically, they've always been sound enough to allow us have the venue for free providing they make enough at the bar to cover paying staff.. but when that doesn't happen, it's not so cool. What's worse is silly people leaving their cans or bottles or whatever outside in the stands, worse still in ther bar, or even drinking a bottle of wine in there! It's just not deadly. You could always drink something before you go there.. or after. Ah, anyway I really can't tell people what to, but just make a point of it and try encourage y'all to think about what you're doing and have a little respect. Not for me but for Fiachra and the staff at Boh's. They people who work there surely want to be able to get paid enough to go get drunk themselves, right?

K, well sorry for the massive long post and cheers if you managed to get through it all. Again, since I reposted it.

Coming up! Hopefully at Boh's!

Vitamin X! (www.geocities.com/vitaminxhc/)
Oak
Kid Blunt (www.kidblunt.com)
Tue 23rd August, Bohs.

Snowblood! (www.snowblood.com)
Plus more
Sat, 3rd Sept. Bohs.

Science of Yabra! (www.scienceofyabra.com)
and Life at these speeds! (www.killingcupid.net/lats.html)
Plus more
Sun, 18th Sept, Bohs.

go jill!

can one of the mods sticky seperate threads at the top of the forum for

upcoming gigs august
upcoming gigs sept
upcoming gigs oct
upcoming ggis nov
upcoming gigs dec

and delete any non gig listings shite from them, would defo help avoid clashes.

I suggested something along those line before but it seemed to have gotten shot down. I think given recent events it's a better idea than it was then. Gig clashes are bad and don't do any good. Most could probably be reorganised if enough notice was given .
Definately do it.
And to the idiots-stop bringing booze to gigs in bars,finish up before you get there.

I definately think it's a good idea. Hopefully it works out.
I like your idea of keeping it strictly for gig listings. I think the last time it got shot down because there would be too many sticky's. also because there is a gig list on thumped,but to be honest i'm not sure how many people use those gig lists other than people visiting.

A more detailed gig list as has been mentioned is necessary, it should be sorted ASAP. Plus consign the old thread to history, or just unsticky it really.
People have to ask themselves, what's better, getting blocked or going to gigs?

Jill had we known that there was another gig on that night we would have tried to talk to you. Some kind of calandar here would help alright.

As for drinking cans in gigs, I've done it when i was a kid purely because i didn't think about what i was doing. Once punters know its putting the gigs/venue in a bad position they'll stop. and drink their cans somewhere else before hand.

I thought you promised never to mention that.Fuck your gang I dont care,Im coming up to Blackpitz tonight to fuck your shit up for real.Holler
MONDOBRUTALE said:
rich coming from you, brian
you're always drinking cans in bohs and bragging about it on metalireland

thumped has a calendar, if ppl used it it would be quite good, as it is.. it's not.

I have talked to pete about the possibility of and eirecore only calendar?

I can hereby verify that BrianOak is always drinking cans in Bohs and bragging about it on MetalIreland, it's all he ever does. He also goes on about the 'crusty fuckers on Eirecore' on MetalIreland too, and he keeps saying metal is better than punk, he is a disgrace.

You were drinking cans with me last time,doesnt matter if it was Sunkist its still a can..People in glass houses Corm.......All my metal friends are coming to vitamin x so I wouldnt show your face.;)
Cormcolash said:
I can hereby verify that BrianOak is always drinking cans in Bohs and bragging about it on MetalIreland, it's all he ever does. He also goes on about the 'crusty fuckers on Eirecore' on MetalIreland too, and he keeps saying metal is better than punk, he is a disgrace.

corm drank ouzo out of my cock in the stands at bohs - we have pictures to prove it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back