Pixies Pixies Pixies Pixies Pixies (3 Viewers)

Fucking Cunt

i can't hold in my excitement over going to see them
apparantly their shows have been amazing
so who else is going?

Latex lizzie said:
Overpriced end of career stuff as far as I'm concerened.Hope its good and you enjoy it all the same.
im looking forward to it. could be bollox but its always a gamble...always.

i'm going to see them on friday in barcelona, i bet they're fucking shit.... i used to love them, and still do, i look forward to it....|..|

ostrichsyndrome - I picked up your ticket today.

I'm betting they'll rock! I'm SO looking forward to it.

(On another matter - if anyone wants a Pixies ticket for Dublin, I'm flogging one for EUR40 including P&P)

yeh it's going to be great
them and rhcp will rule
hopefully it will be nice and sunny

going to brixton academy next sat to see em, and it's going to be fucking brilliant!!

as someone quite rightly pointed out above, 'fuck the begrudgers'

egg_ said:
Ha ha!
It'd be just so awful to waste a Saturday afternoon at a gig that might not be amazing, wouldn't it?
I just don't think it will be amazing .

I fucking loved the pixies , knew all their albums backwards , but I just can't get excited about going to see them on a comeback tour .

also , the idea of being stuck on the same patch of earth as red hot chilli peppers fans does not appeal to me .

I really don't like big gigs with massive crowds , which may perhaps be a factor in my decision making .

wrafter and ostrichsyndrome
make sure to come on after the gig tonight and tell us what it was like
enjoy it

And so, the Pixies.

Well, first of all, here's a setlist so you can see for yourself.

primavera_pixies.jpg

Then.

The crowd went absolute apeshit. It was a struggle, constantly, up front to stay upright. Sweat was the order of the day. I've never eaten so much mingy soaked mullets before. Ugh.

Band came on stage, very calm, very relaxed. My word - is Kim a big girl now! She's bigger than Frank, and that's saying something.

Opened up with Bone Machine. Smiles abound all-round. What a joy! To have listened to this stuff for years, never thinking you'd ever see them live, and then here you are.

Very little banter. Kim makes few attempts, bit hard to heard her from right up front. Frank concludes "Muchas Gracias y Hasta Luego" but nothing else the whole set.

Frank seems quite happy to sit back and follow on a few of the latter songs that requires Kim to lead.

Joey only really becomes animated on one track where he set the guitar down in its stand, plays it like that for one second, then uses the pedals to create some alt.sounds. He thereafter toys with the camera following coersion from Frank.

Band comes back on for one encore. Seem genuinely delighted with OleOle from the crowds. Particularly Kim.

Having initially been three rows from the front for first 10 songs or so, I slipped back to about ten rows cos I found I was concentrating more on not getting stood on, or elbowed, and less on the music. It really was very hectic. Definitely tightest, sweatiest I've been in.

Band seem very together. In very good form. In good voice. Should be a fine gig or gigs for anyone who catches them hereafter.

Some photos for your enjoyment, shot by my mate Colin MacLean from Scotland on his Casio Exilim 2 mega cam.

primavera_pixies1.jpg

primavera_pixies2.jpg

And for your enjoyment - a wee piece of video to download. Gouge Away. 3.3MB. Click here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back