Haggling - yay or nay? (1 Viewer)

Jerry Twig

Supporter
Solutions
So I am re-evaluating in middle-age - accept market value or haggle? If you see a second hand record you really want but it is 20% over-valued, do you buy it, leave it, or haggle?

If you haggle, is it principled or pragmatic? Have you mellowed over time or is it a time-honoured tradition?

Because those are new items, taxed as such etc. Second hand = black market. Your job to be clear whether or not you’re open to offers.

In my eyes the price is the price. If you aren't willing to pay it I don't have to make conversation with you* based on your assumptions. Thing says 100 eu on it, and doesn't specify, whats the best assumption to make there?

Proverbial you

In my eyes the price is the price. If you aren't willing to pay it I don't have to make conversation with you* based on your assumptions. Thing says 100 eu on it, and doesn't specify, whats the best assumption to make there?

Proverbial you
Well if put out a car ad and don’t make your views known, then expect offers because you’ve ignored a standard practice of buy-and-sell.
Also no one expects a reply if you don’t accept the offer, so theres no “conversation.”

Depends on how rare the record,but 20% over market value,why not just be patient for a more reasonably priced one.
That was my question to myself. It’s wasn't something that shows up often, and on the other hand the seller really isn’t going to sell it for a long time either. Not exactly a popular band.

Just do a Google search for the record. Sometimes you find a shop somewhere in Europe with a random copy that doesn't use discogs.

Also,check cdandlp.com if you haven't already.

When selling stuff I don't mind reasonable haggling, its par for the course. Unreasonable hagglers can fuck off. Way under bidding & thinking they are doing you a favour annoys the shit out of me. I would rather burn the the thing than sell to arseholes like that.

Just do a Google search for the record. Sometimes you find a shop somewhere in Europe with a random copy that doesn't use discogs.

Also,check cdandlp.com if you haven't already.
I’m aware of all that thanks (and in this instance not so relevant, long OOP local record etc) but are you saying that you would leave it there and be willing to wait indefinitely till it might show up, rather than just pay the extra 20% or ask the seller if they’re open to selling for less?

When selling stuff I don't mind reasonable haggling, its par for the course. Unreasonable hagglers can fuck off. Way under bidding & thinking they are doing you a favour annoys the shit out of me. I would rather burn the the thing than sell to arseholes like that.
Ah you’ve been on adverts.ie then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back