Pixies for Picnic (1 Viewer)

i thought pixies were shit and fat when they played last time.

yup.
we went to london to see them, one of the most singular disappointments of my life. it was just too soon. bands, please have some dignity re: reformations and it must be at LEAST 20 years.

Jarvis never sold out. :D

cocker.jpg

!!! playing EP too which means I can get the hell outta Dublin for Paddys w/e like anyone else with a bit of sanity...

Still incensed from some paddy's day prick jumping up & down on me mini last year...

saw them in belgium same time. shit. got on stage. no crowd interaction. lew through the hits .fucked off. no banter or fun or anything. they were tight though but still, i felt raped.

so? who gives a fuck? what did you expect?:

"I wanna see those hands in the air"

"C'mon, y'all know the words to this one"

"This is the best crowd we've ever played to"

"Y'know we're actually Irish, Frances and Mary Black are my cousins"

remember when they played landsdowne road with the kings of leon and a huge bucket of rain water diluted them from the sheet over the roof.
that got them moving.

>>Sure, go to Galway to see !!! on the 16th.......
Ya might just have sold me there Gugai!! West was the direction I was planning heading !!!

you imagined wrong

saw them in Brixton Academy in 2004. They played most of the songs I wanted to hear and as I expected to hear them. Sure, they are a bunch of fatsos now, but I wasn't going there expecting a load of banter. Or even passion to be honest. Neither were there from them, but I still thought it all sounded super to me.

Same here. Just went along to the Phoenix Park to hear the tunes played live and not by a cover band. Wasn't expecting anything exceptional or life-changing. I'm not 13 anymore.

i didnt expect them to be amazing or passionate.
often i feel that in order to enjoy a gig itd be nice to see the performers enjoy themselves too. ye know? i dont expect them to be really gettin into a big groove just that they might look like its not paining them. thats all.
ever hear the phrase 'dont trust a dj that doesnt dance'?

There were over 100,000 people at the Phoenix Park that day...even from a third of the way back all I could see were a few blobs on stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back