Phantom Fm Twat Radio (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to it but if I had to listen a station that played only music (Newstalk for all other things) I'd choose phantom.

I heard three fools the other morning as I was trying to tune in Newstalk talking about puns in headlines, I would've sworn it was 98fm or something due to the insufferable nonsense they were spouting but it was Phantom.

Whatever happened to the lad who did the morning show by himself?

I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to it but if I had to listen a station that played only music (Newstalk for all other things) I'd choose phantom.

I heard three fools the other morning as I was trying to tune in Newstalk talking about puns in headlines, I would've sworn it was 98fm or something due to the insufferable nonsense they were spouting but it was Phantom.

Whatever happened to the lad who did the morning show by himself?

Yeah, the morning show is just like 98FM now. "The Morning Pundown".
Radio Éireann trumps Newstalk for everything except sports. Off The Ball is tops there, apart from their patronising coverage of local football.

There's a girl on phantom who's favourite band was the frames, that pretty much sums up the station for me. (if you're reading this, hi)

I do like the voice on the girl who says "phantom live guide brought to you with apache pizza" if she was on all the time I'd probably listen more. :)

Why can't we have a station made up of people like John Kelly or people like him but with even more obscure/harsher taste? Suppose about 3 people would listen even at the best of times..

I dunno. I reckon that a well run little station that constantly surprised the listener with a well-assembled and really thoughtful playlist of the odd, the familiar and the forgotten could do well. With charismatic DJs who were actually really funny and incredibly knowledgeable at the same time and have also some daycent debates about music in the evenings and then night time for the outer limits stuff.

Who am I fucking kidding?

I dunno. I reckon that a well run little station that constantly surprised the listener with a well-assembled and really thoughtful playlist of the odd, the familiar and the forgotten could do well. With charismatic DJs who were actually really funny and incredibly knowledgeable at the same time and have also some daycent debates about music in the evenings and then night time for the outer limits stuff.

Vinnie for President. You can do it kid!

It would have to be a net radio station and would never make more than a pittance. Maybe it could register as a charidee.

Yeah, the morning show is just like 98FM now. "The Morning Pundown".
Radio Éireann trumps Newstalk for everything except sports. Off The Ball is tops there, apart from their patronising coverage of local football.

man, newstalk gets trashier by the day. the breakfast show should actually be re-titled 'off the ball preview hour-in association with paddy power'. RTE1 in the morn is far better.

off the hook has become a giant monument to the windbags ego. The breaking point for me when george hook and fucking myers were on back in october, discussing the economic situation. If hyperbole was cash they would have bulshitted and scaremongered the nation out of recession.

only decent shows left are off the ball, ocasionally moncrief, and the much mutilated (time wise) wide angle on a sat/sun morn. Ocasionally the history show can be good.

man, newstalk gets trashier by the day. the breakfast show should actually be re-titled 'off the ball preview hour-in association with paddy power'. RTE1 in the morn is far better.

off the hook has become a giant monument to the windbags ego. The breaking point for me when george hook and fucking myers were on back in october, discussing the economic situation. If hyperbole was cash they would have bulshitted and scaremongered the nation out of recession.

only decent shows left are off the ball, ocasionally moncrief, and the much mutilated (time wise) wide angle on a sat/sun morn. Ocasionally the history show can be good.

The Right Hook is one of the worst things on radio. Hook is an incoherent, bumbling old fool. He clearly thinks that the sections with Michael Graham are big left vs right head-to-heads, but Graham makes a fool of Hook, there is no contest. It's ridiculous. Hook isn't even the liberal he thinks he is, never mind the arguer he thinks he is.
And then they bring Ivan Yates in, dear God...

The Right Hook is one of the worst things on radio. Hook is an incoherent, bumbling old fool. He clearly thinks that the sections with Michael Graham are big left vs right head-to-heads, but Graham makes a fool of Hook, there is no contest. It's ridiculous. Hook isn't even the liberal he thinks he is, never mind the arguer he thinks he is.
And then they bring Ivan Yates in, dear God...

it say a lot about the show, if not the whole station, when they let it be presented by a fucking bookie.

i used to like it, but hooks sense of his own importance seems to have ballooned in the past two years. It started with giving him the 5 o'clock 'hooks thought of the day' section. I reckon his popularity is down to the fact that hes so slow on the uptake that every issue has to be presented to him(and thusly the listener) piecemeal, making him easy to follow. That combined with the ocasional bursts of moral outrage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back