Phantom Fm Twat Radio (1 Viewer)

And then they bring Ivan Yates in, dear God...

yeah, that was a low point.

rte radio 1 till midday, newstalk till 1630 unless moncrief is annying me, then back to radio 1 for drivetime,then off the ball.

i'm not ashamed to say i occasionally enjoy tubriddys hour and i like pat kenny on the radio.

**ducks**

yeah, that was a low point.

rte radio 1 till midday, newstalk till 1630 unless moncrief is annying me, then back to radio 1 for drivetime,then off the ball.

i'm not ashamed to say i occasionally enjoy tubriddys hour and i like pat kenny on the radio.

**ducks**

I like Tubridy in the mornings too. He's the default when I'm driving to work.

RTE is launching a new station on DAB called 2XM. It's mostly music but there are some proper shows in the evenings.

Analogue will be hosting a show aptly named 'the Analogue Hour' where you can hear the likes of Deerhunter, Crystal Stilts, Sleater Kinney, vivian girls, the Postal Service, Menomena, White Denim, Beirut, Stereolab, Animal Collective, Andrew Bird, Horse Feathers, MBV, Built to Spill, Wolf Parade, Daedelus, Fucked Up, Elliott Smith, Modeselektor, Final Fantasy, Deerhoof, ratatat, supernova scotia, neutral mlik hotel, Xiu Xiu etc etc etc

It's only an hour long at the moment but we might get an extension in the future... plus we'll hopefully be recording live sessions for the show too. The Show is on Mondays from 7-8pm and repeated on Sundays from 8-9pm.

There's no ads and very little shite talk.

That list is not nearly radical enough for the cats around here. Some of those bands aren't even on independant labels FFS.

Where can i hear some good quality static? Some of the stuff around 92.7 is good in the morning. I usually then go for around 107.4 during drivetime.

Where can i hear some good quality static? Some of the stuff around 92.7 is good in the morning. I usually then go for around 107.4 during drivetime.

bbc radio 5 live when it is bright outside has great static.
there is good reception when it is night time.
can some boffin tellme why?

There's a girl on phantom who's favourite band was the frames, that pretty much sums up the station for me. (if you're reading this, hi)

I do like the voice on the girl who says "phantom live guide brought to you with apache pizza" if she was on all the time I'd probably listen more. :)

God I hate her voice.

I don't mind phantom though. sure they play bland enough music but you get the occasional cracker and I don't listen to it enough to feel like they're pushing the latest cool band down my throat.

TUBRIDY?!

ARE YIZ FUCKING SERIOUS!!??!

My skin crawls every time I hear the smarmy little shit.

I was driving home the other day.
Newstalk was annoying with a Garmin ad so I switched to Phantom & they were playing "My Sharona".

Phantom stays.

Q.E.D.

Dublin City Fm traffic reports, thats good listening. Play the odd good song or two.

I had to stop listening to phantom for a while cos of that record player generator song. They seemed to have stopped playing it, so I can listen again.

Tubridy=Unlistenable Cuntage

Everyone who isn't a twat listens to:
Morning Ireland
Anything but Tubridy for an hour
Pat Kenny (good on radio,not on telly,obviously)
Newstalk for an hour to see what shite they will attempt to turn into "BREAKING NEWS!!!!PANIC!!!!!!!!"
News at one
Joe Duffy (to see what's really goin on)
JK Ensemble
NEVER Moncrief in case that fucking cunt Henry comes on forcing you to self harm
DriveTime with Mary SomebodiesMa
Lyric for half an hour
Off The Ball (Unless the culchie is presenting it)
Bedtime.
Yes I am in full-time institutional care.

RTE is launching a new station on DAB called 2XM. It's mostly music but there are some proper shows in the evenings.

Analogue will be hosting a show aptly named 'the Analogue Hour' where you can hear the likes of Deerhunter, Crystal Stilts, Sleater Kinney, vivian girls, the Postal Service, Menomena, White Denim, Beirut, Stereolab, Animal Collective, Andrew Bird, Horse Feathers, MBV, Built to Spill, Wolf Parade, Daedelus, Fucked Up, Elliott Smith, Modeselektor, Final Fantasy, Deerhoof, ratatat, supernova scotia, neutral mlik hotel, Xiu Xiu,MOUTPIECE etc etc etc

It's only an hour long at the moment but we might get an extension in the future... plus we'll hopefully be recording live sessions for the show too. The Show is on Mondays from 7-8pm and repeated on Sundays from 8-9pm.

There's no ads and very little shite talk.

Fixed that for ya..

I love Moncrief, I started off with him on the late night TV program
The End back in 94 or 95. I met him in the airport when I was 14
and he signed my boarding pass. What a guy. He's funny and
smart and that's what I look for in a man. A man that presents a
radio show, I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back