People wearing PLO scarves - why don't you all just fuck off (2 Viewers)

They're the new gay fashion apparently. The guy in the Edge* told me.

* "Alternative" clothes shop in Limerick

I blame alexander mcqueen. No one can afford his skull scarves so they're all dressing like polish hardcore heads in the 1980's and have jumped the PLO bandwagon instead. Fucks sake. What's next? Mullets and knee high boxingh boots? Army jackets making a comeback?

I blame alexander mcqueen. No one can afford his skull scarves so they're all dressing like polish hardcore heads in the 1980's and have jumped the PLO bandwagon instead. Fucks sake. What's next? Mullets and knee high boxingh boots? Army jackets making a comeback?
i think that it's terrorism making the comeback. all the bombing and dismemberments around the world. it's rapid. in palestine they wear tricolours and smear shit on their walls. rapid.

upcoming trends to watch out for:
the pampers look

PAMPER_6723_unwash_F.jpg

and the eiffell tower

664920061053175048870101_L.jpg

As far as I know (and I don't really cos I haven't read it) the Koran doens't actually outlaw drink. It was explained to me before that the Prophet spoke out against drunkeness, and different people interpret that in different ways.

In Morocco last Summer they told us alcohol had become banned in Islam due to the fact that to worship while intoxicated is unnacceptable and seeing as the call to prayer at the Mosques happens five times a day, not to mention prayer time at home, it doesnt really leave much space for a sneaky few after work..
Theyre fairly liberal in Morocco though and the rule is generally much less observed than other Islamic countries

I grew up in Ballymun, very few punks out there and we didn't wear them or know about them......kids never watched the news and no internet then.

we were all republicans anyway.....hungerstrike time it was etc

Jasus, Janer, what part of Ballyer? There were rakes of punks. And very few republicans (although, that might be a false memory; our next door neighbour had a different cache of arms each day - part of the distribution network - in his gaff, I discovered years later).

And everyone wore PLO scarves.

I thought it was a keffiyeh
Could be wrong though
Anyway, Kirstie, I will mark it down in my list of uncool things. Where do you stand on Mickey Mouse pants and sombreros?

Once at PE, I wore a Mickey Mouse t-shirt that squeaked when you pressed his face. But then everyone - even the girls - punched me in the chest for the afternoon so I stopped wearing it.

On the PLO scarf thing, political clothes are so juvenile, unless of course it's a Fine Gael beret.

its called the shemagh, you ignorant racists.

I thought it was a keffiyeh
Could be wrong though
Anyway, Kirstie, I will mark it down in my list of uncool things. Where do you stand on Mickey Mouse pants and sombreros?

From Wikipedia:

"For some years, the wearing of the keffiyeh has been almost ubiquitous amongst British soldiers, who exclusively refer to them as shemaghs."

Also:

"The keffiyeh is also known as a shmagh/shemagh , a ghutra or a hatta."

It's a PLO Scarf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back