Pay-To-Play Gigs: The Artists’ Perspective (4 Viewers)

enchance said:
Those bands mentioned can sell-out every gig because they have simple digestable music.
This is exactly my point. We need MORE "simple digestable music" if we want a bigger music scene and the indie kids should stop axing it for the fear of being told they're uncool.

enchance said:
Turn's recognition is undoubtably closely linked to the constant proganda Phantom spewed out. Some people like The Walls because of the Stunning's success. Although they shouldn't, The Walls are shite in comparison.
Turn's recognition is undoubtably closely linked to the fact that they rock(ed) if you ask me. True the Stunning were better than the Walls, indeed they're re-releasing their album

enchance said:
I'm not too sure of the upbringing of Therapy but every crusty rock-come-metaller in Ireland will come out to see them.
Not only crusty rock-come-metallers like Therapy... many do.

OK, now you nearly made me miss the bus, talk to you tomorroooooooow

:) A.

everybody joins bands to be cool

being cool is fun

I know that's kind of ironic coming from me, but it's true

anyone who isn't cool wants to be

and cool is accessible to everyone, because everyone has a different idea of what it is

that is the democracy of cool

sometimes being a mucker is cool, but if you look at it this way it's just being a mucker

some people think thumped is cool , others think it's full of geeks, others think it's full of people who think they're cool but have no idea what actually is cool

so saying that someone is just trying to be cool is meaningless

everything is cool

sports cars aren't cool

Tokey said:
Define "made it" :)

Having a video shoot involing you, the band, playing your heart out on the back of a truck driving at high speed down an airport runway.

I really enjoyed the Pay-to-Pay article and last 3 pages not about Pay-to-play.I`m off home to watch weird t.v and listen to weird music - it entertains me.
B.T.W. - i`m afraid we did`nt make the 5 page sprint i was hoping... :(
Bye bitches!

billygannon said:
Having a video shoot involing you, the band, playing your heart out on the back of a truck driving at high speed down an airport runway.

having a ginger lady in a purple crushed velvet minidress slap you around the chops in said video is also an indicator of success.

Alex said:
This is exactly my point. We need MORE "simple digestable music" if we want a bigger music scene and the indie kids should stop axing it for the fear of being told they're uncool.

a 'scene' (i hate that word) should have more simple digestable music. this begs an obvious question, alex. why aren't morello a boy band?

billygannon said:

Em.......none of us?

So therefore none of us know what were fucking talkin about

So we should all shut the fuck up and go into accountancy

kirstie said:
having a ginger lady in a purple crushed velvet minidress slap you around the chops in said video is also an indicator of success.

surely something should be on fire in the video as well?

sparse said:
Here Billy, if ya want Beard of Jeaasus can support the Coldspoons at the album launch BUT you must sell 50 tickets at 100 each or I'll break your legs.

Right... can I have 1% of future Coldspoon sales instead?

*ITEM*
Beards of Jesus debut gig is Good Friday next year at Billy's Kitchen in Roscommon.

*ITEM*

Crushed velvet: a forgotten friend

minka said:
surely something should be on fire in the video as well?

and it should have some out-of-focus bits as well. and leather. and it shouldn't be made by del9, whether you're giving them twelve grand or not.

silo said:
why aren't morello a boy band?

did somebody say "o-town"?

Alex, you guys shold have informed MTV before embarking on the music-making path. Aidan Walsh could have managed ye and the weekly 30min show of you guys agonising over emotions and who gets to play the show-off riffs could have won the heart of every Irish girl.

Seriously though, if Guns N' Roses hadn't made The Spaghetti Incident? they'd have been the greatest band EVER

Guns and Roses are people too.

The Artist's Perspective... is that when you raise your thumb, clench your fist and look at the object using the thumb as some sort of guide. I always stick my tongue out when I doing this.

Question:
Name five artists whose name rhymes with either "Morello" or "The Jimmy Cake"

A free Guns and Roses bandana to the winner.

And you've definitely made it if your fans wear PLO scarves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back