oh my god (1 Viewer)

I've caught a bit of it over the past couple of weeks, because they moved 24 back by half an hour, some of the worst acting i've ever seen, and i include the musical i was in once in that.

Worst rte drama ever. Don't know who they're trying to appeal to.

Some lovely ariel shots of Dublin though.

The only good thing is the tune at the end, 'going down a one way street' by little ann

Apparently it was supposed to get better after week 3. I've seen the first two episodes. I figured the writer learned what he knows about da "youth culture" in Dublin from reading a bunch of feature articles in various newspaper weekend supplements

Was it week 3 last night? I imagine it's still shít.

aoboa said:
Worst rte drama ever. Don't know who they're trying to appeal to.

Some lovely ariel shots of Dublin though.

I always think local Irish actors suffer from "over act" syndrome. Someone should just say "be yourself" occasionally.Unless this is the case and they are being themselves, which means all Irish actors are pricks.

Ed, what musical were you in? I'd really rather watch that.

By the way, I have appeared in Oklahoma!, Damn Yankees, Guys and Dolls, and, er, I think that's it.

No, no, that's not it.

I hang my head.

Anyway, maybe we could get RTE to just run a series of kids' school musicals? Much cheaper to produce, better quality performances, etc.

jane said:
Ed, what musical were you in? I'd really rather watch that.

By the way, I have appeared in Oklahoma!, Damn Yankees, Guys and Dolls, and, er, I think that's it.

No, no, that's not it.

I hang my head.

Anyway, maybe we could get RTE to just run a series of kids' school musicals? Much cheaper to produce, better quality performances, etc.
that is a good idea..before they get into secondary though(insert peado jokes here you bastards) other wise you suffer from that "over act" thing again..the teenage version of this is actually worse than the adult version. I know I was pontious pilate.

I was in a musical version of 'the emperors new clothes' when i was 10 or 11, i was weaver number 3 and got stuck having to say 'inauguration' which was no fun, there is a video tape of it somewhere, but i don't have a copy. I'm also the worst singer ever so i have no idea how i ended up having to sing on stage.

in primary school (all boys school)
i played a trash heap in some eco-friendly thing the teacher wrote
brigitte von trapp in the sound of music
a chimney sweep in mary poppins
a shark girl in west side story

the trash heap was me and about 20 other lads in refuse sacks covered with wrappers and the like and all writhing around stage - it must've been really freaky for the parents.

needless to say i've not appeared on stage in an acting capacity since. scarred.

I played Timothy McVeigh in Oklahoma!

There should be more musicals on television. The Garda Band on Ice should be shown by the national broadcaster. This works on so many levels.

conor said:
in primary school (all boys school)

...a shark girl...
:D
mental images of half shark-half girl mutant creature

oh and on topic, no performances in musicals for me, i was instead forced to do a piano recital (oo la la) whilst suffering from chronic mumps, puking all over the place. my dad looked like he'd been waiting all his life to say 'the show must go on son...'

bitter, bitter

egg_ said:
I was in Oklahoma! too - I played Gertie Cummins ... I went to an all-boys school
I was in The Pirates of Penzance too, as the Major-General. I was 11. That was deadly
My history of participation in musicals is tragic. Or comic, if you can't empathise with the devastating awkwardness of adolescence. I was a monstrously ugly, geeky child, and I used to get to 'understudy' for the leads. So I'd be in the chorus, with my three lines, crossing my fingers that one of the leads would be stricken with monkey pox.

Luckily, I did get to be Ado Annie once, 'cos the bitch lost her voice or something. YESSSSS. Plus instead of playing the other lead part (what was her name again?), and having to kiss the school nerd (whose lot was far worse than mine because he stunk of feet), I didn't have to kiss any smelly boys (who, at age 11, still had germs as far as I was concerned). It was the highlight of my childhood.

Maybe we should cast a Thumped musical?

How about South Side Story?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back