Official Thumped position on Lisbon (1 Viewer)

How will you vote in Lisbon II: Is That Your Final Answer?

• Yes

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Abstain

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Spoil

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:eek:the czechs are trying to steal our limelight..we may not be as important to developments as we may have thought.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8281098.stm

btw..

The Lisbon Treaty...took a decade of negotiations
hmmmm....

Following the period of reflection, the European Council meeting in June 2007 decided to start negotiations on a new reform treaty as a replacement. This treaty was later named Lisbon Treaty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_establishing_a_Constitution_for_Europe
I guess if gets rejected and a new document is drafted containing any of Lisbons details we can be proud it took 12 years or whatever.

Call it!

OK enough messing about - time to see necks on the line and predictions

I thought it would be a narrow yes last time and got it badly wrong - but will that stop me? - no way!

I'm going

55% YES 45% NO

Rational for the slight no come back - I think polls tend to under estimate the no slightly/ All the no campaigns seem to have shifted up a gear in the last week and the addition of Libertas did no harm/No vote will hold up in rural areas and working class parts of Dublin, Cork and Limerick.

Any one else want to chance it!

kp

As with last time around i'm completely torn as to which way i'll go personally.

I think the yes vote is going to win it, however, for the same reason the government was re-elected, people are scared. Don't think it will be a landslide for yes, but there'll probably be breathing space.

I hope when this dies down that peoples anger remains and they don't get to bask in the glory of their "success".

60 / 40 Yes owing to the fear factor kicking in on election day, wouldn't be surprised if they wheel someone out on Fri's Morning Ireland to put the shits up us some more.

Did anyone else hear the sound byte on Newstalk news earlier on where John Gormley (I think) said, if i heard correctly, when asked about whether there will be a lisbon 3....

I was working so...
(to paraphrase)

"there will be no lisbon 3 as people are going to vote yes"

:eek:

Did anyone else hear the sound byte on Newstalk news earlier on where John Gormley (I think) said, if i heard correctly, when asked about whether there will be a lisbon 3....

I was working so...
(to paraphrase)

:eek:

1224242514472_1.jpg
mr_burns.jpg

If they sort out their human rights issues and move the 98% of the country that is in Asia into Europe then I've got no problem with it.

While we're at it, can we get all the countries that helped the US fly prisoners about the world to be tortured kicked out of the EU as well? Oh and the countries that take land off their citizens, sell it to oil companies, and then throw the citizens in jail when they try to stop it, make sure to get rid of them too. And the ones that arrest African university lecturers and hold them for weeks with no explanation, make sure they're gone too. Now who have I missed?

The voting will continue until results improve!

It has been pointed out, of course, that it will now bog down in the Czech republic (court action), then the conservatives could come to power in Engerland and demand a referendum...

Who knows?

They'll push it through eventually one way and another - its "democracy"

Don't ya know!?

kp

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back