Official Thumped position on Lisbon (2 Viewers)

How will you vote in Lisbon II: Is That Your Final Answer?

• Yes

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Abstain

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Spoil

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ABSTAINING IS RETARDED

i dont know if i told this story on thumped before, but the last general election here, my mate was in the pub all day. a certain politically motivated aquantance of thiers called round the pub briefly at one point. about 9pm he copped that he should go and vote, while he was queing, there was a lad two ahead in the que claiming to be him, obviously a plant. so my mate, half pissed goes 'what the fuck' (he really doesnt have a popular, easily mistakable name), the plant guy legs it out of the voting centre and my mate is too drunk to persue. moral of the story:

dont abstain, go in and spoil. at least you know then that your vote cant be re-routed.

jesus that is fucked! do you reckon it happens much?

dunno, that was dublin somewhere, in the sticks here everyone knows everyone, so you couldnt really pull something like that, unless your from one of those families with 5 of the same guy in it. i suppose at the same time the ganley 3000 was only down the road, so i suppose its different tacks for different areas.

dunno, that was dublin somewhere, in the sticks here everyone knows everyone, so you couldnt really pull something like that, unless your from one of those families with 5 of the same guy in it. i suppose at the same time the ganley 3000 was only down the road, so i suppose its different tacks for different areas.

George Foreman's family? He was so proud of them, he put his name on them. All of them.

Re last night's tele debates

I thought Cullen trounced Higgs. Cullen's Tony Blair style is effective as it sort of steamrolls over any of the issues. Higgins came across as bitter and too radically leftwing to have gotten though to your average Joe Public.

Pat Cox had an easy time with Mary Lou I thought. She didn't come across as really believing in the cause and was easily dismissed because of Shinners military connections.

I think that lizard Ganley shaded it against O'Leary, although both were pretty poor. I'd really like to see someone better going up against Ganley.

At this stage I'm incrementally Yes, but could swing back to a No before election day.

Platters: Re last night's tele debates

I thought Cullen trounced Higgs. Cullen's Tony Blair style is effective as it sort of steamrolls over any of the issues. Higgins came across as bitter and too radically leftwing to have gotten though to your average Joe Public.

Pat Cox had an easy time with Mary Lou I thought. She didn't come across as really believing in the cause and was easily dismissed because of Shinners military connections.

I think that lizard Ganley shaded it against O'Leary, although both were pretty poor. I'd really like to see someone better going up against Ganley.

At this stage I'm incrementally Yes, but could swing back to a No before election day.
Weirdly enough I genuinely thought Joe Higgins won the first one hands down – Cullen waited way too late to get the “your policies would be Stalinist Russia” type stuff in.

Agree Pat Cox absolutely <<killed>> Mary Lou.

The Ganley/ O Leary thing was one of the most bizarre and astounding things I’ve ever seen on the tele – don’t know how I’d call it or what I'd call it - jaysus they're both so creepy!

I thought the whole Prime Time special was handled pretty fairly and was most entertaining…

So the official thumped position is

Yes – no – don’t know

(roughly speaking anyhow!)

I guess!

kp

what sort of increments are we talking? yards or milimetres?
its good to see people really thinking this through, shame the sentiment isnt shared by a lot more of the public.

at least we have one more weekends editions and possibly a final punt on frontline and primetime before the vote. That should really confuse matters something fierce. I want to see full on !baggyyyy's at twenty paces as if politicians careers depended on this vote... oh hang on... hmmm...

Same here, last time i read up all the material from the independent commission and tried to avoid anything with a political slant, i was completely torn as i went to vote.

It's pretty easy to get caught up in all that is happening in the media right now and be swayed by personality, really i mean voting against who you find the most dispicable shit and it's pretty hard to get down to brass tack facts. Well another week to try make sense of it or two weeks if your O'Leary:)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

oh god

is this real?

9335_525313465814_37300923_31271191_7805215_n.jpg

Unfortunately I think the Thumped poll will be close to the real thing and the treaty will be ratified.

The sumg, greasy bastards in the EU will have gotten their way. Complete control is on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back