Official Thumped position on Lisbon (3 Viewers)

How will you vote in Lisbon II: Is That Your Final Answer?

• Yes

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Abstain

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Spoil

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unfortunately I think the Thumped poll will be close to the real thing and the treaty will be ratified.

The sumg, greasy bastards in the EU will have gotten their way. Complete control is on the way.

despair not, prefuse, theres every chance the tanaiste will cause a swing w an off-the-cuff remark about ganley having some excellent points...there was a really decent, no bullshit discussion on lisbon this morning on newstalks Wide Angle, anyone catch it?

this makes the whole rerun worthwhile:

I've just heard that following an on ar debate on Newstalk's Wide Angle (of which Declan Ganley and Proinsias De Rossa were panel members) things got a bit physical between the two.

As they were leaving the studio there a bit of pushing and shoving, with one calling the other a CIA agent, and the other replying with allegations of previous IRA membership.

Richard Boyd Barrett apparently had to pull them apart.

Putting calls in to various places, so will try to see what the story is.

13.18 : Newstalk have confirmed there was a profane exchange of views off-air, but are not sure if there was any physical exchanges. Things got heated between the two, and quite profane, Ganley called De Rossa a 'fu*king traitor'.

http://www.politics.ie/lisbon-treaty/106614-fist-fight-narrowly-averted-between-de-rossa-ganley.html

The Irish Times has been running a daily 'Lisbon Explained' column which gives a one-page summary of the key issues - one per day. It's on about day eight (today's is in the link below) but if you search the site for 'lisbon explained' you'll get the previos ones. Not sure if you need a subscription as I'm checking it from work.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0928/1224255367818.html

At the other end of the informative scale, Tom Dunne was doing Lisbon this morning.
Some woman was on the phone. She was annoyed at having to vote again, and double annoyed that Germany was going to have 15 commissioners while Ireland was going to have 1.
She was triple annoyed that none of the feckin' eejit politicians can explain anything to her.

my old man is voting yes to stay in europe...he had just heard the €1.84 lie was a lie. He's a very intelligent man but his life-weary eyes glazed over as I explained the treaty was not about our membership but how some bureaucratic house-keeping might make for more efficient governance of the EU tho' some have reservations about the real interests being served by this house-keeping and some are making unsupportable claims about what will or won't happen if it passes or not....anyway it just occured to me that you need to 'feel' that you're more informed to vote no than yes.

I think 'Fat fuck Cowens' stunt over the weekend with giving a million euro handshake to his mate the FAS fuckup has helped the No side in the polls. I'm voting yes this time, coz the No sides arguments seem to get more ridiculous all the time and because I trust the Germans, French, Belgians etc more than I do our own Government with helping the country recover from the vortex of shit we are in at the moment.

I think 'Fat fuck Cowens' stunt over the weekend with giving a million euro handshake to his mate the FAS fuckup has helped the No side in the polls. I'm voting yes this time, coz the No sides arguments seem to get more ridiculous all the time and because I trust the Germans, French, Belgians etc more than I do our own Government with helping the country recover from the vortex of shit we are in at the moment.

they'll still have an interest in ireland not becoming a basket case no matter which way we vote.....the no side are always told to stick to the treaty facts, so if the recession and unemployment weren't massive issues at the mo(and of course they are, but if they weren't) would you be happy to pass a treaty that we rejected already? i think we voted soberly last time.

the 'remove the control from fianna fail' yes argument is bordering on fantasy, possibly tresspassing....a yes vote will make them heroes in brussels and validate their approach to everything....thats nearly a reason to vote no, but not mine.

At the other end of the informative scale, Tom Dunne was doing Lisbon this morning.
Some woman was on the phone. She was annoyed at having to vote again, and double annoyed that Germany was going to have 15 commissioners while Ireland was going to have 1.
She was triple annoyed that none of the feckin' eejit politicians can explain anything to her.

What a disgrace! A country with 15 times the population of Ireland getting 15 times the number of commissioners! How dare they!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back