Off the cigs (4 Viewers)

Winners never quit, what are ye at?

Having said that I gave up.

Having said that I miss them right now...

initially lots of munchies, endless glasses of water and doing exercise helped, as it put me off coughing. got down to one-none a day after 15 years of 20 a day. was mostly a financial decision for me. as soon as i got out of the 'one after a meal' habit it was way easier then.

20 a day = 50 euro a week = 2600 a year, not counting extras done while drunk. is till have a few on the beer but consider it a weekend treat thing.

is till have a few on the beer but
consider it a weekend treat thing.

Fair fucks man, being able to do that from having such a habit. I'd love to be able to enjoy a cigarette without it descending into a twenty-a-day cough-'til-I-puke fury. If I took a single toke I'd be fucked again.

Lala- wheee! Well done, and best of luck with it.

just ordered that allen carr book. any good?

yes. that said, the decision to quit and the actual quitting has not been done with his help, as i only half-read it last year. but what i already had read helped me in the first few days of quitting.

now that i'm 11 days in to being a non-smoker, I have his book nearby just if I feel I need a quick blitz of encouragement.

Fair fucks man, being able to do that from having such a habit. I'd love to be able to enjoy a cigarette without it descending into a twenty-a-day cough-'til-I-puke fury. If I took a single toke I'd be fucked again.

Lala- wheee! Well done, and best of luck with it.

I feel exactly the same way. Part of me wants to be a 100% non-smoker for the rest of my life - but another part would like to be able to enjoy a cigarette once in a while. The only problem is, I'm not one of those people who was designed to be able to do that. 'Just one puff' and I'll have fucked everything up, because I will spend e7.45 on a pack of cigarettes again that I know now I can do without, but won't be able to stop buying.

It's a fucking struggle! So far has been OK - the main test will be going to the pub, which I have been avoiding but is unavoidable this weekend. Lots of glasses of water and chewing gum, methinks.

Substituting smokes for gum or food or changing your social plans will always make it more difficult in the long term. The sooner you can live day to day without feeling deprived or controlled the better chance you'll have of staying off them. Its a confidence thing.

All bets are off when alcohol is on the table though. I'm off them since early last year and i still crave smokes every single time i drink.

Substituting smokes for gum or food or changing your social plans will always make it more difficult in the long term. The sooner you can live day to day without feeling deprived or controlled the better chance you'll have of staying off them. Its a confidence thing.

All bets are off when alcohol is on the table though. I'm off them since early last year and i still crave smokes every single time i drink.

uuuggggghhhhh this is what i was afraid of. i guess i'll just have to suck it up and do it.

it's such a shame those herbal cigarettes taste of old nappies. i tried one a few weeks ago - never again.

Off the fags for a month and a half now.
I usually drink Guinness and find it incredibly hard not to scab a rolly off someone when I'm having a pint but I've managed so far.
I'm on the wine for the time being, it works a charm.
Damn you, psychological barriers!

changing from normal pre-rolled luxury type ciggarette to roll ups is probably a step in the right direction. theres too much convienience with those bensons and playes and stuff. even if its wet and windy they still will burn so long as you can light them, and they also decide how much tobacco you consume per smoke. if you move to roll ups its easier to control.

I'm off them since early last year
Tiger%20Hug.jpg

uuuggggghhhhh this is what i was afraid of. i guess i'll just have to suck it up and do it.

That's a pretty realistic attitude Lazzerbeam. While it never goes away, it definitely gets easier. I don't worry about havin a drink anymore but wouldn't deny myself a smoke if something mega stressful happened to me, or if I took up gear. My da is about fifteen years off em and said that it was only after about ten years off them he felt safe, and like a non-smoker.

Off the fags for a month and a half now.

Tiger%20Hug.jpg

changing from normal pre-rolled luxury type ciggarette to roll ups is probably a step in the right direction. theres too much convienience with those bensons and playes and stuff. even if its wet and windy they still will burn so long as you can light them, and they also decide how much tobacco you consume per smoke. if you move to roll ups its easier to control.

mm, don't know about that, once you get the hang of it, you make a rolly in 20 seconds without even thinking. plus, if you don't use a filter even a thin roly is worse for you (i think?).

That's a pretty realistic attitude Lazzerbeam. While it never goes away, it definitely gets easier. I don't worry about havin a drink anymore but wouldn't deny myself a smoke if something mega stressful happened to me, or if I took up gear. My da is about fifteen years off em and said that it was only after about ten years off them he felt safe, and like a non-smoker.

I hadn't had a smoke(bar spliffs) in 7 years up to last Christmas. Got very stressed/angry and started smoking with pints again. Last Saturday was my date for stopping again, we shall see how that goes. I was told sets of threes works well, so first three days, then three weeks, months and then years.

mm, don't know about that, once you get the hang of it, you make a rolly in 20 seconds without even thinking. plus, if you don't use a filter even a thin roly is worse for you (i think?).

well, i could be wrong, but i think roly's have way less shit in them, hence they dont burn to the butt if you leave them in a ashtray. i've an idea aswell theres something about those regular benson/carrols etc ciggarette filters, think about the idea of heating plastic between you lips while inhaling it, i far prefer a wee bit of ripped up paper then that.

well, i could be wrong, but i think roly's have way less shit in them, hence they dont burn to the butt if you leave them in a ashtray. i've an idea aswell theres something about those regular benson/carrols etc ciggarette filters, think about the idea of heating plastic between you lips while inhaling it, i far prefer a wee bit of ripped up paper then that.

Rolling tobacco doesn't have the nitroglycerine and other chemicals that keep pre-rolled cigarettes burning down to the end but on the other hand the filters reduce the amount of tar and other carcinogens you inhale. It's all bad for you though.

whats the deal then - were i to have a joint would i get hooked on smoking ciggies again? im afraid to go near nicotine in any form - evne the smallest amount of rolling tobacco

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back