NTL / UPC / Virgin Media Broadband (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 513
  • Views 67K
  • Watchers 11
Got the 10mb upc package last week. The last two nights the signal has just gone and then come back straight away a few times during the night. Anyone else having this problem. Im in D7?

Was having problems there for a while. Went out in my gaff (D11) at about 8 two or three nights a week. TV still worked fine. My computer is packed to the gills with music and pics so I deleted a good few gigs and it seems to be working fine now. Could be that or just a coincidence although the lights on the router flashed in a new and unexciting way when it wasn't working.

I'm tempted to switch to UPC- just to cut costs but this loss of service is a bit worrying

the fact that their TV browser is constantly fucking up doesn't instil much confidence either

Iv had a few problems with both TV and internet but and aul turn off, unplug, plug back in and turn on has sorted it right out.

I do this on average about once a week with the internet

I find Eircom very reliable-- but spending money on line rental for a phone I never use has to stop

I've never had the Q music channel. Sometimes when i'm passing it and it has a great show on, I cry a little.

NME isn't a bad station, wish we had that. I have it in Donegal home though.

I have NTL/UPC-- all the music channels are terrible

BBC4 and SkyArts are the only decent channels for music

so they're going up to 150MB now, and UPC said this week that they'll finally be available to sell it to me "in december"

oh boy.

You beauty.

2190880547.png

currently on 60mb connection. i only ever use the laptop over wifi, and it never gets better speedtests than about 45mb. can't remember the spec but i can't imagine it'll get any faster if i get the 100mb will it?

ALSO, my ps3 is wired to the router, but it only gets about 4MB download, are they throttled?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back