NTL / UPC / Virgin Media Broadband (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 513
  • Views 67K
  • Watchers 11
Yeah..I don't remember reading anything about limits when I signed up...

I got a letter off them just there telling me I was fucking up the internet for everyone else in the neighbourhood and to knock the auld bandwitdh hogging on the head or I'm getting the boot..ooops

Got the same letter in November cos we went 1GB over the 120GB limit.
All the same nonsense about "complaints from customers in your area about a deterioration in their service".

I couldn't help thinking,
"But I'm a customer in my area & the service is fine".

Clearly an automated letter.
I'm pretty sure every BB provider has a fair usage policy which limits the amount you can up/download per month but, naturally, they're not going to bring this up before you've signed your contract.

Ironically, they also just upgraded us for free too.
It's the 3rd upgrade in about 2 years, I think.

We started with a 1Mb line & now have 8Mb which is more than enough for us to ruin it for everyone else.

I got a letter off them just there telling me I was fucking up the internet for everyone else in the neighbourhood and to knock the auld bandwitdh hogging on the head or I'm getting the boot..ooops

YEah - I got one too...It was all fucking upload , leaving Demonoid torrents on will get you a 3:1 ratio real quick...

Yeah I have the 30meg line and it does say unlimited downloads until you look in the fair usage and its 250gigs...

Prolly looks like an automated letter if someone got one for 1gig over..

YEah - I got one too...It was all fucking upload , leaving Demonoid torrents on will get you a 3:1 ratio real quick...

Yeah I have the 30meg line and it does say unlimited downloads until you look in the fair usage and its 250gigs...

Prolly looks like an automated letter if someone got one for 1gig over..

Mine went over from the fucking christmas song shenaningans mainly..there was videos and stems flying outta the gaf to all over the place

Got a text from them yesterday to inform us that our connection has been upgraded from 15 to 20. Excellent. Haven't run a speedtest yet to check how fast it actually is though. That'll come over the weekend. Hope it means that we'll have even less problems than usual with the feed from NFL.com for the Superbowl Playoffs this weekend.

Got a text from them yesterday to inform us that our connection has been upgraded from 15 to 20. Excellent. Haven't run a speedtest yet to check how fast it actually is though. That'll come over the weekend. Hope it means that we'll have even less problems than usual with the feed from NFL.com for the Superbowl Playoffs this weekend.

yep got a text yesterday too. did a speedtest - we actually get the 15mb now. rarely goes faster than that.

also i just had a sandwich so im happy now

Got the 10mb upc package last week. The last two nights the signal has just gone and then come back straight away a few times during the night. Anyone else having this problem. Im in D7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back