Not going to the Electric Picnic? Post here! (1 Viewer)

yeah, fuck this. Anyone want my ticket? i'm gonna spend the weekend in this thread talking about how i'm glad i'm not going

i love the beach boys as much as the next man, but i couldn't get excited about seeing brian wilson. is he meant to be any good live? i just couldn't see myself enjoying it much

furthermore, due to my reluctance to wade around in shit for a weekend i'm not going to the ep this time

I wouldn't imagine he's up to much himself. I read an interview with him today where he said he just sings as loud as he can on stage now to block out the voices. I'd say he's way down in the mix. It's just the excitement of seeing the songs performed by an amazing band at a big festival. I just finished reading Catch A Wave yesterday too. Damnit.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foE57CC7iYk"]YouTube - MC5 - Tonight (1972)[/ame]

I'm currently burning a Zero 7 cd for herself to listen to on her way to the shitnick.
Man I am pretty jealous.Geebags.

people who went to the picnic are writing boring lengthy posts about what they got up to at the weekend so why don't we who didn't do the same.

friday: went to work. was pretty quiet in the office. counting down the hours till home time. got an email at about 4.30 asking could i work on saturday. had no plans so i said yeah. got home on friday about 6.30 cooked dinner, read a bit and went to bed early.

saturday: met a colleague at my office about 11.30 to pick up some equipment then went out on a job. job was pretty boring. a lot of hanging around. i was lumped with getting lunch for everyone on my credit card which i wasn't happy about. better get the expenses back! got back to the office about 4.00 to drop off the gear. met an old flame for coffee after. she was playing a gig later but i declined to go cos i'm poor. went home and dossed about on the net for a while. bed pretty early

sunday: did nothing. got up at about 2.00. went for a walk. read for a while. fretted over bills and sent a few emails. had an early night.

all in all it was an okay weekend. 6/10. no hangovers. yay!

what'd ye get up to?

approximately how many times did you pause and wonder what might be happening over at EP at any given point in time?

I did that loads on sunday, the day I missed.

but while I was there I never once thought to myself - gee I wonder whats going on out there in the non-EP world.

friday: box of tiger beer + tubridy, spilt beer on laptop, fucked up the mouse pad a bit.
saturday: drank a ridiculous amount, passed out, puked a bit, wandered about town, played poker, bed, realised there was a wasps nest right behind my bed.
sun: slept, ate pizza, plotted downfall of wasps. bed.

Fri: had nice family meal.then had birthday drinks in town. pub was pretty empty due to EP. which was nice. got very very drunk. woke up in Jimmybreeze's house in bits.
Sat: threw surprise party for wobbler, got very drunk. went back to Hermie's. drank more
Sun: fell back in love with my duvet all day and lots of tea.

Friday: work, drinks, played gig, more drinks, bad dancing
Saturday: friend's band played a gig in Kilkenny, got van down and back with them. Great amusement to be had stopping in Loughrea to watch the local denizens at 3 a.m.
Sunday: Arsed around town all day, met friends for coffee and ended up going for lunch, dinner, drinks and post-drink cake and coffee.

Friday, made dinner, watched rugby and Boston Legal.

Saturday, went to watch 2 matches met Trevor Brennan, went to Quazar and Bowling and Eddie Rockets. Broke 2 nails, very upset, but won bowling, so it was worth it.

Sunday, up early and into town, met the nicest bus driver ever, got coffee with a pal, then met other pals and went to the Jameson Distillery, got food, had pints, watched All Ireland final, got free shots from lovely barman, had mini pub crawl. Ended up in Hogan's, met Riath and Wobbler and Jimmybreeze (briefly) got amazing buns from Riath! Then had to leg it for bus home. No hangover, happy days.

whatever i did on friday i couldn't remember it by lunchtime on saturday.
saturday: that dickhead ex drummer of ours decided to come up with the most ill thought out excuse to not play a gig, so i went and got hammered instead.
sunday: studio / hammered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back