new sufjan stephens. (1 Viewer)

Pantone247 said:
sound takes a while to settle down on the DVD, but it's great
He's a lot more young and normal looking then I had thought

only heard Denim once or twice years ago, can't get the records anymore... I assume you have them, yeah? Good stuff?

Brilliant.
Am working on a Denim CD for the comp club. I'll put you down for one.

Vinnie said:
Felt fucking rule. I'd love to hear a Vinni Reilly/Laurence Hayward collaboration.

aye. "stained glass windows in the sky" was one of my songs i listened to over and over and over and over again in college.

apparently laurence, on arriving to play at glastonbury one year, looked around in horror at the surrounding tent city and asked "where are the chalets?"

got this today - was wary because seven swans bored me to tears. Illinoise makes me smile. lots.

what an amazing album...michigan was really excellent, and i didnt think he could top it.

but he has.

he's an amazing songwriter.

i'm listening to this and jim o'rourke's halfway to a threeway on non stop rotation. I can't stop.

but i'm happy

I am totally digging this album too.

P. Littbarski said:
what an amazing album...michigan was really excellent, and i didnt think he could top it.

but he has.

he's an amazing songwriter.

i'm listening to this and jim o'rourke's halfway to a threeway on non stop rotation. I can't stop.

but i'm happy
apparently he "hates" wilco and jim o'rourke and the silver jews and sea and cake! ooh la de da.

A STATEMENT FROM ASTHMATIC KITTY AND DC COMICSIt has been reported that DC Comics sent a cease and desist letter to Asthmatic Kitty regarding Sufjan Steven's album "Illinois." Not so. Asthmatic Kitty was alerted by their own lawyers of the potential copyright infringment. Therefore, Asthmatic Kitty asked retailers not to sell Sufjan Stevens' record until the situation could be resolved. DC Comics and Asthmatic Kitty have since reached an agreement that allows Asthmatic Kitty to sell the already manufactured records with cover artwork featuring Superman. The Superman image will be removed from future pressings of the album.

Apparently when the label sent out the request to retailers in the US not to sell the album the big ones ignored it so they recinded the request as it meant the independent shops who did as asked were getting screwed.

Which I thought was pretty cool of them.

Unicron said:
Apparently when the label sent out the request to retailers in the US not to sell the album the big ones ignored it so they recinded the request as it meant the independent shops who did as asked were getting screwed.

Which I thought was pretty cool of them.

i guess anyone with the superman cover should hold on to their illinoise and flog it on ebay to some sap;)

coast to coast posted a link to an aracde fire session on another thread, and I came across this sufjan stevens session from nov. 2004 on the web site

http://www.justconcerts.com/concert...?Concert_Id=355

i'm liking what i'm hearing so far

enjoy !

there's also a shit load of good concerts, including a recent sufjan stevens one on KEXP which is a Seattle station based in Washington University -

http://www.kexp.org/aspnet_client/SpecialMediaGroup.aspx?rID=2653&pID=528&fID=1080

coast to coast said:
there's also a shit load of good concerts, including a recent sufjan stevens one on KEXP which is a Seattle station based in Washington University -

http://www.kexp.org/aspnet_client/SpecialMediaGroup.aspx?rID=2653&pID=528&fID=1080

nice one for posting these coast...

there are some gems here

there are 2 M83 studio sessions that have been keeping me going this afternoon....nice

http://www.kexp.org/aspnet_client/KEXPViewMediaGroup.aspx?rID=2262&pID=528&fID=1029&date=1029

Love the album, great stuff, its my first introduction to him, roll on the other states

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back