new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

great freakin game. wonderful goals from drogs. just when you thought rafa was mental for taking off torres for babel, babel sticks away a wonder goal.

posting on the internet while watching a big game? sake.

anyway. We The Pool shot ourselves in the foot yet again. ogs, penos, injuries (cant be helped i know but doesnt help either) and offside goals.

arbeloa and riise were woeful.
carra was great. mascherano did his bit.

can we get a set piece trainer in?

doubt i'll even watch the final now. what with all this central midfielders at right back, strikers right midfield and holding midfield and defenders afraid to cross the half way line it'll be shite.
i remember last years fa cup final too.

drogba played well because the manager had a word. liverpool's manager. rafa, baffling. benayoun? what?

but of course we all know what turned this tie, aurelio's injury.

nic anelka though... if houllier had kept anelka, rather than wank away 10 mil on diouf.... if.. if.. if...

anyway lads, lets start the soul-crushing optimism for next season now, shall we?

posting on the internet while watching a big game? sake.

anyway. We The Pool shot ourselves in the foot yet again. ogs, penos, injuries (cant be helped i know but doesnt help either) and offside goals.

arbeloa and riise were woeful.
carra was great. mascherano did his bit.

can we get a set piece trainer in?

doubt i'll even watch the final now. what with all this central midfielders at right back, strikers right midfield and holding midfield and defenders afraid to cross the half way line it'll be shite.
i remember last years fa cup final too.
mash did do his bit, he's great, but is it me or did he end up running with the ball trying to pick out all the passes? where the fuck was alonso? rafa got i badly wrong, neutralised his own creative forces in alonso and gerrard. should have realised it earlier and had the balls to take off bennyoun or to switch him to the right straight away. horribly wrong. and yet he'll say, benny set up the goal, i'm a genius, i took off torres, but babel scored, i'm a genius. fuck it. what am i going on. argh. fucking argh.

i shant be watching the final, unless i can come to a decision about who to hate more.

yeah i'm already looking ahead. wonder who'll own the fuckin club come august, let alone manage it, let alone what fullbacks we'll sign

thank fuck that season's over anyway. only torres made it bearable.

won't be watchin the final - couldn't give a knucklefuck who wins

mash did do his bit, he's great, but is it me or did he end up running with the ball trying to pick out all the passes? where the fuck was alonso? rafa got i badly wrong, neutralised his own creative forces in alonso and gerrard. should have realised it earlier and had the balls to take off bennyoun or to switch him to the right straight away. horribly wrong. and yet he'll say, benny set up the goal, i'm a genius, i took off torres, but babel scored, i'm a genius. fuck it. what am i going on. argh. fucking argh.

i shant be watching the final, unless i can come to a decision about who to hate more.

well he plays in front of alonso and that wasnt the first time we've seen him carry it forward...hes actually quite good at it and nippy as fuck - but yeah he aint got much of a pass on him.

gerrard was far too deep at times.

as for benny. he made more of an impact that say joe cole - and benny was up against better full backs - even if one of them was a central midfielder.

torres - well the word is he was injured.

i'll really enjoyed the current formation - with better players is would be even better (obviously!) so would we be keeping rafa and let him continue at building the team?

i'll really enjoyed the current formation - with better players is would be even better (obviously!) so would we be keeping rafa and let him continue at building the team?
me too, my one concern though, is against a team like chelsea, where's theres not much space in tech middle and upfront, torres is isolated and gerrard falls back. he was in no mans land yesterday. bt when they clicked, it looked good. better wingers would fic that problem. benny offered no width last night, and neither did kuyt, and we really needed to pull the full backs out to give gerrard that space to find a pass. when benny switched to the right, it made more sense. i feel for crouch and pennant, to have benny, who's done fuck all all season but score against besiktas and havant, picked above them, when they've played so well in the last two games. pennant really went at cashley. i'd say that's teh last straw for crotchy.

mancini wold suit that formation perfectly. do it rafa, do it. plus a rafinha or alves or lahm please. garreth barry, fuck off.

Gutted after last nite. I think we're still just a couple of quality players short and that was the difference. The og, injuries and dodgy offside decisions didn't help mind you but I guess that's football for you. We'll take it on the chin and hopefully kick on from here.

Disgusted with Hyppia giving away the penalty; I had a tenner on Liverpool to go through on penalties at 18/1.

should he have had one down the other end?

more so for the first challenge by lampard (i think?) who hooked him as he was about to strike and before he messi-ed his way past two chelsea challenges.

and what was with the knacker haircuts on terry and lampard last night?

I thought Babel had a better shout for a peno. On first look Essian won the ball but when I saw it afterwards it looked like Babel got to it first. I hope we buy a quality left winger in the summer and push Babel up front next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back