new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (8 Viewers)

I'm not saying mascherano was in the right - the fact remains that he asked "what's happening" about a ridiculous yellow and a lack of consistency in his decisions and bennett promptly flashed the yellow. "What's Happening" does not dissent make. If any other player had done this they would not have been booked. If there's no foul/dissent there's no card. Bennett could have handled the situation. He chose to ruin the game instead.

Fuck him. The cunt.

up until he said "what happened" i was convinced the only english word mascherano knew was "FUCK". it would be different if it was the first or second bit of mouthing off that he did. But it was 6 or 7 times, if any liverpool player gave away a free or was fouled he was making the effort to go and mouth off to the ref. But i will admit that in 95 games out of a 100 a player wouldnt be sent off for that.

a serious question has be asked of why the captain or another senior player didnt calm him down!! When mash was on his way to the ref alonso grabbed him and still let him continue over to the ref.

it happened pretty quickly in fairness, less than five seconds it seemed to me, and alonso was the only one close to him. the ref did ruin the game. after all fergies moaning about protecting the flair players, torres gets booked for getting kicked about 3 times. stopped being a contest after that. but lets not forget the role played by pepe reina... he had a total mentaller of a game. i was down with the liverpool fans at that. they kept us back for 30 mins after the game and the sang the entire time. it was great. it really needed to be, to distract form what was going on on the pitch.

as an aside, our best player on the day was aurelio, played ronaldo really, well. ronnie had to switch wings. he's growing into it.

He was asking for it. The way he came storming over and shrugged off Alonso to confront the referee was aggressive. He deserved to go.

if the same thing happens next week, if any chat gets treated in the same way by every ref in the prem, then fair enough, but the booking for torres was a joke. we'll see, we'll see if john terry gets the same treatment.

if the same thing happens next week, if any chat gets treated in the same way by every ref in the prem, then fair enough, but the booking for torres was a joke. we'll see, we'll see if john terry gets the same treatment.

the booking for torres was a joke. but in fairness we dont know if torres had been mouthing off before. maybe he had been warned. But still completely agree with you, if there is no consistency this weekend,then it is a joke

the booking for torres was a joke. but in fairness we dont know if torres had been mouthing off before. maybe he had been warned. But still completely agree with you, if there is no consistency this weekend,then it is a joke

maybe it was just on my mind at the time, but i definitely thought i saw very little complaining about decisions to the ref during the arsenal chelsea game.

mascherano would normally get away with what he did- and wrongly so. when the rules change as they have done, then the first few people who get caught out will definitely feel they've been hard done by. hopefully, if there's consistency from the refs in the next few weeks/months, the days of arsehole players running after the ref waving fake cards will be well and truly over. unfortunately for liverpool, torres/mascherano were the first fall guys.

oh, and did i mention liverpool played like shit anyways?

1205257.jpg

That's some ugly hair right there.

and down they were, what a shit match, sure I even left the pub around the 70 minute match, to be fair Everton were bottom half material.

and down they were, what a shit match, sure I even left the pub around the 70 minute match, to be fair Everton were bottom half material.

Should have been three or four by half time were it not for hibbert and carsley. So much for all the back page bollox about everton being the big team on the mersey this year; Everton were about as positive as they've been in every match i've seen since Christmas. I like Moyes well enough but his side are, arteta aside, a bunch of atricious bruisers who win far uglier than the pool week in week out.

choke on it you toffee chumps.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back