new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

30 points from 15 games. If we get three points from the three games at City, Chelsea and Spurs over Christmas, we'll be well on track.

It's mad that we're nearly halfway through the season and we still have no idea who'll win the league and where we can expect to finish, but it's great. Personally I'm worried that Gerrard is out and I bet BR regrets not subbing him off when we were 3-1 up. He's not the most mobile but he knows what he's doing and can still force the team to win out of sheer will power. I think Lucas has been the weaker link than Gerrard in midfield, he isn't good at finding space for receiving or passing the ball. But playing together there's been no movement and we've been battered by Arsenal and Newcastle controlling the game. Hopefully Allen can recover his early form and not get pushed off the ball all the time. If so we'll be grand. Maybe this Alberto guy can show something too. Suarez is a genius. Who are our best defenders? That's the other thing. Fuck it.

30 points from 15 games. If we get three points from the three games at City, Chelsea and Spurs over Christmas, we'll be well on track.

It's mad that we're nearly halfway through the season and we still have no idea who'll win the league and where we can expect to finish, but it's great. Personally I'm worried that Gerrard is out and I bet BR regrets not subbing him off when we were 3-1 up. He's not the most mobile but he knows what he's doing and can still force the team to win out of sheer will power. I think Lucas has been the weaker link than Gerrard in midfield, he isn't good at finding space for receiving or passing the ball. But playing together there's been no movement and we've been battered by Arsenal and Newcastle controlling the game. Hopefully Allen can recover his early form and not get pushed off the ball all the time. If so we'll be grand. Maybe this Alberto guy can show something too. Suarez is a genius. Who are our best defenders? That's the other thing. Fuck it.
Ah yeah, but it's better than knowing that Dirk Kuyt will start no matter what, isn't it?

seems to be the case alright.
gonna be interesting to see how they do without him. he has had a few stinkers so far this season but to miss him for spurs, city and chelsea away is a kick in the balls. having said that, its not the same gerrard from a few years back so he should be more replaceable these days. henderson to fill in for him? i have no time for allen. has rodgers started luis alberto yet?

to be within a result of top 4 without gerrard and sturridge when 3rd round of fa cup ties roll around would be alright.

That sounds pretty good actually, pity it's not about Liverpool, Everton and Tranmere.
The book itself is about Liverpool Football Club but with Q&A as part of the night, I'm sure some Everton and Tranmere Rovers discussion could be involved!
Anatomy-of-Liverpool_Draft-01_72dpi3.jpg

The book itself is about Liverpool Football Club but with Q&A as part of the night, I'm sure some Everton and Tranmere Rovers discussion could be involved!
Anatomy-of-Liverpool_Draft-01_72dpi3.jpg
I doubt it.

BTW.
Anyone who goes for that slog against Milan where you lot played like Wimbledon for 70 odd minutes instead of the glorious all out attack of that 4-4 FA cup tie is an abomination and should have to hand in their kopite credentials on the way out.

Joe Allen will do a good job I can feel it

certainly can't be basing it on any form anyway. hes been average and pretty anonymous against norwich and west ham. theres always a hospital pass or two in his game. or losing the ball in midfield when he should have gotten rid of it ages ago. can see midfield like chelsea killing him. hope you're right. has martin kelly ever played defensive mid at any stage in his career?

any word on henderson injured rumours? saw it in bbc football gossip link last night. nothing more today

certainly can't be basing it on any form anyway. hes been average and pretty anonymous against norwich and west ham. theres always a hospital pass or two in his game. or losing the ball in midfield when he should have gotten rid of it ages ago. can see midfield like chelsea killing him. hope you're right. has martin kelly ever played defensive mid at any stage in his career?

Martin Kelly? come on. I am basing it on form and I personally thought Allen was excellent in both games. I will even back it up with some stats for you (taken from here Joe Allen | One for the future, as well as right now - AnfieldIndex – Liverpool FC Stats

In the Norwich game Allen performed well, his overall pass completion was up at 89% and he attempted 34 passes into the attacking area of the field, 88% of those reached their intended target. Not bad numbers for a player who gets criticised for passing backwards too much.

But comparing those stats to the West Ham game and you will see a big jump in overall the number of completed passes, up to 92% and a jump to 92% final third pass completion rate (Norwich left and West Ham right).

His passing stats are impressive in both games but it’s his work without the ball where he makes a difference. He has a knack of being in the right place to perform the block that Rodgers likes to talk about. In fact, in the West Ham game he did not make a single tackle.

He wins possession back quickly and even playing as the deepest midfield player he was able to win possession in the attacking third of the field against West Ham and that pressure led to the free kick for the second Liverpool goal.

Allen's easily our best midfield player in terms of understanding the bigger picture, keeping the ball, being open for a pass, and winning it back by pressing space and reading the game, rather than relying on tackling.

He got a bit rattled last year by injury and by teams targeting him for hard tackles but if he can deal with that he'll be fantastic. The last two matches we immediately looked more mobile in midfield than we have done with Lucas, who normally receives the ball standing still and doesn't move much off the ball while we are in possession, offering fuck all in attack. I like Lucas a lot but against Arsenal, for example, we were utter shite in midfield, weren't even trying to compete.

We haven't really seen Allen playing alongside Coutinho (in fact I think he replaced him during the Spurs match last season, where we were getting battered by Dembele until Allen came on and started making himself available for the easy pass). I think they could form a good understanding.

I may end up eating my words but I think Allen's had a lot of unfair abuse. This weekend will be very interesting.

I heard Henderson's ankle is badly bruised and he's not training but will play if the swelling goes down by Sunday.

I doubt it.

BTW.
Anyone who goes for that slog against Milan where you lot played like Wimbledon for 70 odd minutes instead of the glorious all out attack of that 4-4 FA cup tie is an abomination and should have to hand in their kopite credentials on the way out.
Oh fuck off, will you? Wah wah wah. Shut your fucking gob or start a thread called Trolling Cunt With Nothing Of Worth To Say Ever. meh. Or go polish your European cups. oh wait, Everton fdon't have any, and guess what, IT'S LIVERPOOL'S FAULT COS ENGLISH TEAMS WERE KICKED OUT OF EUROPE AND THE BEST EVERTON TEAM OF ALL TIME COULD COMPETE AT EUROPE'S TOPPEST LEVEL! HA HA HA HA HA. Take that, you pricks.

any word on henderson injured rumours? saw it in bbc football gossip link last night. nothing more today
He was decent against West Ham. Inches away from a deadly goal as well. He gets about the pitch. We'll miss Gerrard cos he can deliver a dead ball like no other in the Premier League, and you'd suspect that would be a decent way to generate chances against City and Chelsea, but, sure fuck it. He wasn't great in the last two big away games. Particularly Arsenal.

I'm beginning to think it's all random anyway. We just don't know what Chelsea side we'll be playing.

Martin Kelly? come on. I am basing it on form and I personally thought Allen was excellent in both games. I will even back it up with some stats for you (taken from here Joe Allen | One for the future, as well as right now - AnfieldIndex – Liverpool FC Stats

Allen's easily our best midfield player in terms of understanding the bigger picture, keeping the ball, being open for a pass, and winning it back by pressing space and reading the game, rather than relying on tackling.

He got a bit rattled last year by injury and by teams targeting him for hard tackles but if he can deal with that he'll be fantastic. The last two matches we immediately looked more mobile in midfield than we have done with Lucas, who normally receives the ball standing still and doesn't move much off the ball while we are in possession, offering fuck all in attack. I like Lucas a lot but against Arsenal, for example, we were utter shite in midfield, weren't even trying to compete.

We haven't really seen Allen playing alongside Coutinho (in fact I think he replaced him during the Spurs match last season, where we were getting battered by Dembele until Allen came on and started making himself available for the easy pass). I think they could form a good understanding.

I may end up eating my words but I think Allen's had a lot of unfair abuse. This weekend will be very interesting.

I heard Henderson's ankle is badly bruised and he's not training but will play if the swelling goes down by Sunday.
One thing about Allen's awful miss against Everton was that he was actually in the opposition peno area. When was the last time Lucas left his own half?

Oh fuck off, will you? Wah wah wah. Shut your fucking gob or start a thread called Trolling Cunt With Nothing Of Worth To Say Ever. meh. Or go polish your European cups. oh wait, Everton fdon't have any, and guess what, IT'S LIVERPOOL'S FAULT COS ENGLISH TEAMS WERE KICKED OUT OF EUROPE AND THE BEST EVERTON TEAM OF ALL TIME COULD COMPETE AT EUROPE'S TOPPEST LEVEL! HA HA HA HA HA. Take that, you pricks.
Riled up again are we ?

jesus man, i dunno. that stats piece highlights promising positives from the games in allen's play alright. admittedly, only saw the west ham game in full and highlights of norwich. without a doubt, his pressing got back possession for the first against west ham, which is great to see. would never doubt that part of his game.but, this high percentage of final third passes he made? aside from that 10 mins spell WH had after the o.g. Pool were pinging it around the outside of the box, especially in second half. which is great. but i'm pretty sure allens final third passes were pretty much bread and butter knocking it to johnson or flanagan or whoever. it is important to have someone in the right place to do this obviously. so fair dues to him. in reality though, its always gonna be a little easier to hit those stats at anfield against that opposition

Don't wanna seem to be knocking the man too much. he was fucked with injury pretty much all last season so this is his second coming as such. just feel hes open to a couple of howlers in possession which the big lads could punish us with in a few passes. will be interesting to see himself and coutinho. hopefully he'll shit all over my skepticism anyway

hopefully hendo alright for it so. looking forward to spurs game already. we're due 3 points at white hart lane for a long time now

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back