new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

First match in charge is United and the a week later is Everton you couldn't make this shit up. Unfortunately he'll probably win both those ties before getting religated just so I can't gloat too hard. God how i hate the Scottish cock.

It's all pretty mad granted, and of course anything could happen but I don't think anyone actually believes Liverpool are going to relegated from the Premier League. Not yet anyway... *Ahem* We have however already been relegated to the status of being a mid table side and the outlook for the rest of 10/11 is no better than that. I have absolutely no idea what kind of effect Dalglish's return will have, the potential for it going either way is massive. Personally I'm hopeful that at the very least I'll see a team playing with some pride and enthusiasm for the next few months, stay safe and build for next year. I just want to want to watch the team I support playing football again.

Trademark Gerrard tackle

steven-gerrard_pa_1342719c.jpg

_44104740_gerrard_getty220.jpg

steven_gerrard_1251195c.jpg

Hopefully Kenny will now put Gerrard back in his fucking box. He is not a CM. Rafa never played him there unless there was no alternative, which is allegedly why Stevie agitated for him to go. But we were far better when he left and bossed them for spells with ten men. Great performances from Lucas, Kuyt, Aurelio, Skrtel and Kelly - Johnson can sling his hook, Kelly should start every game at RB - but most of all a completely different attitude on display. If we play like that for the next few months we'll be well on the way back.

Shelvey seems a bit mental - twice he smacked the ball into the stands behind kuszcak, one at the end of about 10 passes, one from a free kick. but promisingly mental...

Shelvey seems a bit mental - twice he smacked the ball into the stands behind kuszcak, one at the end of about 10 passes, one from a free kick. but promisingly mental...

He's still a bit rough around the edges but from what I've seen of him so far he doesn't look out of place. I'm hoping he's the natural sucessor to Gerrard, even if he never hits quite the same heights. Going forward I'd rather see the team and squad strengened throughout rather than relying on two or three star players to produce the goods all the time.

lads i really think we've turned a corner on this one.

but really, there was all sorts of shit that's been misisng for months. closing down, desire to get on the ball (even maxi...), running, shouting, the works. for once we were better without the ball tahn with, still a little cagey, still lacking confidence with a pass. no chance of creating much from nothing once hollywood ball was off the pitch, but if kuyt could pass, we may have been thru a few times. this games, however, has been an irrelevance since it was pulled out of the bag. we have much large, more foul smelling, fish to fry. winning would have just added to our woes. the last thing we need is more fucking games to play.

kenny took torres of, and torres shook his hand and accepted it. that's one thing about kenny, he won't have anyone tell him what teh story is, not at liverpool. woy was clearly bullied by the personalities at liverpool. when things were wrong, he didn't change them. he had meireles at right mid to accommodate gerrard in the middle. not no more, i'd say.

i'd give johnson another chance, he has the tools to be excellent, but take a chance on him further up the field. he couldn't be worse than kuyt at going past a man and getting the ball into the box, in fact we know he's not. kelly hasn't put a foot wrong this season, he deserves a go. aurelio's performance, particularly the fact that he put in 90 minutes, begs the question: why paul konchesky? why? he must have been woy's only ally out there on the pitch.

is it me, or was reina better today than he has been? back to his mental, everywhere self again.

of course, it could go tits up. things have change since kenny was last here. i mean, he can barely speak english, how are the foreint lads going to understand him? perhaps that's the trick.

lucas looked slow to me, always needing another touch. i think we need a proper winger, a tackler in midfield, a left back, a centre back and DEFFO a striker. konchesky and soto should go now, they're shit. skrtl was slighty nuts but looks better with agger next to him. with soto and skrtl, they both just hoof it. shame about the peno, cos agger was okay otherwise. which again begs the fucking question.....

lots of work to be done, but relegation..... get real.

i know that the kenny thing is temporary and might go tits up... but it fair brought a tear to my eye to see king ken leading a liverpool team again. if it weren't for hillsboro he may never have left. anyway. i never thought i'd see the day.

Dissapointing result (Webb and Gerrard are both dickheads) but very encouraging change in attitude and general play. Hec has already said it, but yeah some good signs that the shackles are off and the team will start playing half decent again. When you've been watching your team playing shite and hoping they'll grind out results for two years, you forget that the main reason you watch football is...well, to watch football. Simple really.

Gerrard usually gets away with those tackles.
Apart from him being a prick, youse probably would have got at least a draw from the game.
Maybe King Kenny lives?

Torres was fairly useless. With this, and Agger and Babel both featuring, I predict that the era of Babel, Agger, and Ngog may be about to arrive with a bang, courtesy of Dalglish the Demon!

give gerrard a break will yis. that was liverpools first tackle of the season, of course it was going to be a little rusty. at least he played like he hated the opposition. been a while coming.

Fair enough but it's not the tackle, it's the misplaced passes and bad positioning. That's been going on all season. He's best at scoring goals and making space for Torres, which he can't do when he's giving the ball away.

Steve Clarke in, fingers crossed we'll start trying to defend corners again.

he lacks discipline alright, but it looks like kenny would play him up top anyway. hopefully.
i hope he starts with babel rather than ngog against the other pool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back