new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (4 Viewers)

taking the lead after 30 seconds? they reverted to benitez type for a while, didn't they? lets defend the lead. woy must have given them a quiet word at half time, much better in the second half, wanted the ball, wanted to go forward, wanted to score more goals after going ahead. not bad for the stiffs. cole looked like a proper footballer and raul grew into it. jay spearing doens't look like he'll ever run the show in midfield, despite the fact that he was always looking to get on the ball. it was interesting... i suppose, but 20,000 empty seats?

i wonder will he go defensive for the old trafford game. will cole get a start??

I only say this on a dodgy internet stream but was it Meireles who was playing all those lovely passes forward? There was one in particular that was zinged from outside the centre circle to Cole on the edge of the box (but offside). Doubt it was Lucas anyway.

I only say this on a dodgy internet stream but was it Meireles who was playing all those lovely passes forward? There was one in particular that was zinged from outside the centre circle to Cole on the edge of the box (but offside). Doubt it was Lucas anyway.
is that the one were cole wasn't offside? was it meireles?? i remember the pass. he was good, once he got into it, started to boss a little bit, gets up and down. masch he ain't. so will roy go with poulsen instead against the cunts?

Can someone explain the situation with the board to me please? All this talk that they want the owners out and they don't want Hick's to secure refinancing. How can they get away with that? Don't they work for the owners? Couldn't Hicks/Gilette just sack them?

Can someone explain the situation with the board to me please? All this talk that they want the owners out and they don't want Hick's to secure refinancing. How can they get away with that? Don't they work for the owners? Couldn't Hicks/Gilette just sack them?

Of the 5 man board, Purslow and Broughton were installed by RBS who have had Hicks and Gillett by the balls for the last 18 months because they can't afford the upkeep on their loans. So they have zero loyalty to G&H. Ian Ayre was appointed by G&H, but is clearly now aware that they are jokers of the highest order.

As for the football. That was predictably depressing in the end. If not predictable in the middle. We were by a distance second best. The comeback was fun, but even when we show a bit of fight (second half against Arsenal, second half here), we're just not good enough. Konchesky was fucking awful, as was Maxi, as ever. Meireles looks promising though. I'm struggling to believe that Hodgson has much of a clue really. The way we were set up in the first half was dire. And taking off Meireles was a woeful error as well.
Can't slag off Berbaflop anymore either. Gutted.

Liverpool were terrible and a lot of that was down to the way they were set up. There was no width at all and any time the ball was played down the line it was Koncesky trying to cross it. Cole and Maxi were obviously told to tuck in, made no sense as far as I could see. Fuck all changed in the second half. What the fuck was Gerrard doing playing so deep?? Can't blame Torres for much, he hardly got a decent pass in the whole game. United look no great shakes either, you could see Chelsea and Arsenal bossing them.

To be fair to Chelsea (whisper it) they are playing some really genuinely great football at the moment. I know they haven't really played anyone yet but at the moment they are a joy to watch. There I said it.

Liverpool really didn't deserve anything from the game to be honest. Scott Parker in the transfer window lads. Has to be.

well worth reading this

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/purslow-answers-21-fan-questions

question 6:

"It is true we are doing well commercially. Our business is continuing to grow and our revenues to July 2010 were a record for the club, despite it being a very disappointing year in football terms, which has its own effect on our financial performance. Despite a disappointing year on the field, off the field commercial activity was sufficiently strong that our revenues and profits were very healthy. We're very proud of that and it's very important when attracting investment and new ownership.

"Equally it is true that far too much of that benefit currently services loans, interest costs and bank charges. Can we afford to meet them? Just about. Do I wish that every penny spent on interest was available to spend on players? Passionately, and every minute of my working day I look for the day we are able to reduce our debt, freeing up our profits to be able to invest on players."

q.20:

"Liverpool Football Club is a very healthy business. We have cash, we are solvent, we have banking facilities which last beyond the end of next season and we are heavily scrutinised by the Premier League. To achieve our UEFA license we went through that process and they were very happy with what they saw - so I cannot conceive of a situation where Liverpool Football Club could go into administration."

still, no serious signs of a buyer is there? it'll be an interesting few months anyway

oh dear me. someone check if souey was in the house. on the plus side, i'm 21 again.

It doesn't really bother me for some reason. I've felt for about a year now that whatever goes on with the team from week to week is almost a distraction until the club's finances get sorted out. It's all a matter of keeping afloat until then. But last night was just further evidence that Hodgson's clueless. Half the team looked like they didn't recognise each other. No link between a deep midfield and the attack. Nothing creative from the back. No pressing, no playing for percentages. Sticking Soto up front and kick it long. Good thinking, that. We were backsliding, but at least Rafa can play the modern game. Everyone at the world cup was set up like his teams. Just sayin

Roy Hodgson didn't do that well with Inter. Can't see why he'd do well with Liverpool.

Liverpool will be challenge for a UEFA cup place - can't see them going any higher then that for the foreseeable future.

I just got my Classics in the mail! It took me about 10 minutes to get them on! I couldnt separate my toes! But, they feel good so far and I look forward to seeing the benefits considering the bottoms of my feet have been aching for some time now.

<a href="http://www.volumerates.com/product/ps3-yes-revolution-usb-chipset-adapter-for-ps3-fat-and-slim-plug-and-play-91754">PS3Yes</a></br>
<a href="http://www.volumerates.com/product/ps3-yes-revolution-usb-chipset-adapter-for-ps3-fat-and-slim-plug-and-play-91754">PS3 Yes</a></br>
<a href="http://www.intimatease.com">lingerie</a></br>

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back